Colts Coming Through
Posted by: ananthd (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2017 15:52

3 of these guys are very promising, more as Test prospects for me....

Prithvi Shaw, Kamlesh Nagarkoti & Washington Sundar, amazing that all of them are still 17(!) born within a month or two of each other....

Haven't seen such a talented crop of 17 year olds since Tendulkar/Kambli....

Prithvi Shaw - first batsman since Tendulkar to score 100s on Ranji/Duleep debuts, I saw his Ranji ton live, he was edgy to start with(he seems to have that issue early on in his innings) but blossomed - a real pocket dynamo...

Have not seen Nagarkoti live, but he was awesome in the U19 tour of England this summer in the little highlights I saw(take a look at his 10 wicket U19 test haul in England), beautiful, measured action and banana stock in-swinger, if this guy fills out, he's the most exciting fast bowling prospect for me....

Last but maybe the first to breakthrough - Washington Sundar - caught bits of his IPL opening spells with RPS live and some Duleep highlights -- Washington especially seems to have the temperament for Test cricket, he can be the Moeen Ali types(gritty lower order bat), excellent fielder, and metronomic offspin(more than penetrating, he seems to be the right handed equivalent of Jadeja, just making it hard to get runs off him).

24 needed with a bunny coming in at 11? No problem!

Re: Colts Coming Through
Posted by: Birbal (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 15:50

Yes good to see the youngsters impressing... Shaw still needs to up his fitness... though his batting skills are superb...

Washington Sundar was in the Jayant Yadav mold... btw, whatever happened to Jayant...? he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth... He was so KEY in India's clean sweep of England in the Tests last year...

Don't know much about Nagarkoti...but seems like one whose progress to follow

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net