Current Page: 2 of 29
Re: What is going on?
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2011 09:35

So, the end of September and the figures for this last month blow any other records into dust.

A total of 656,059 pages were viewed on the site in the last 30 days by 7204 unique users (now some of those might be more than one computer used by a single individual).

The last time we passed 7,000 unique addresses was May 2008 so that is promising because it means more people are accessing the material - or you've all become 2 and 3 computer owning log ons!!

We have passed 4 million views in one calendar year for the first time this month and are moving towards 4.5 million if October is anything like September.

What this massive increase is down to I couldn't tell you. Maybe it's the fact that the site is now available on Smartphones using

m.sportnetwork.co .uk

Maybe it's the Twitter or the Facebook presence though the numbers ideintifying with that are not huge.

Maybe it's the sides' success - though that is nothing new and the numbers weren't this big last year.

But the good thing seems to be that once someone finds us they tend to stay around the place and that is down to the quality of what you people put on this site.

So thanks one and all and here's to a solid winter of stuff to keep people reading.

Onwards and Upwards.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Scrumper (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2011 22:40

I wonder what's up with this site at the moment?

It's so slow it's almost unusable, my Browser is using CPU at 100% here, I guess it's one (or more) of the adverts.

Posted by: Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 October, 2011 22:57

They have been on about it on the Middlesex site, one of their Mods have e/mail Sportnetwork they are blaming the ads.

Posted by: SheptonPaul (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2011 07:40

Mine's fine...

Date: 24 October, 2011 11:46

Is anyone else getting an automatic reset to the message list screen if they leave the forum page to its own devices?

(Sm72)

Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2011 11:51

Mine is frustratingly slow - have spent the last few days cursing and thinking its down to my mobile broadband so in a way a relief to know its probably the site.

Date: 24 October, 2011 12:08

To answer your Question Grockle I haven't notice that happening.

Date: 24 October, 2011 15:59

Neither have I...

Posted by: samaithai2 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2011 20:20

working ok is south east asia

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2011 20:34

The recession not reached there yet, Sam?

Date: 24 October, 2011 21:46

No, but Yoda has...

Posted by: samaithai2 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2011 02:05

No recession but plenty of water.

Posted by: RadstockRob (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2011 05:46

Rain stopped play?

Date: 25 October, 2011 08:21

It did in Taunton yesterday we had 22mm of rain.

Posted by: Grizzzly (IP Logged)
Date: 25 October, 2011 16:36

Working ok in Alberta !

Grizzzly

Posted by: Wickham (IP Logged)
Date: 26 October, 2011 06:28

... and in Kampala.

Date: 29 October, 2011 13:01

And Arabia now.

Another month and another half a million hits it seems. 22,000 off 4.5 million for the year. That is some progress.

It took us over 3.,5 years from our move in May 2002 to SN from the old Rivals network to pass 100,000 hits

It took another 22 months to pass 200,000 and a further 13 months to go over 300,000. That was in June 2008

2 years and 11 months later we passed the level I personally thought was beyond this site's limits of 400,000 but it only took 3 months to add another 250,000 odd to that and pass 500 and 600K entirely as targets.

Leaps and bounds boys and girls...leaps and bounds.

I was planning a trip home this November but breaking my elbow a week ago playing indoor hockey means an Arabian autumn for me it seems.

So... I may do some end of term cleaning and re-organising so apologies in advance if things move about a bit in the next fortnight.

I'll probably not get to any of it but you never know.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Grizzzly (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2011 17:39

Good stuff Grockle.

Sorry to hear about your elbow. Try using the hockey stick to hit the ball next time !(Sm14)

Grizzzly

Date: 29 October, 2011 18:38

The stick did hit the ball Grizz...I hit the wall. It's those flaming Canadian sticks.......

(Sm72)

Posted by: Naxxar (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2011 19:58

It is a tremendous forum and those behind it should be congratulated! So much cricketing knowledge and so many good posters. Its always interesting hearing other peoples opinions on the club we all love. I especially enjoy my debates with Agod and Grockle..both seem very knowledgable men or women.

Current Page: 2 of 29
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net