Current Page: 24 of 29
Re: What is going on?
Posted by: Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2017 13:11

I expect it is just taking a long time to read FW post before clearing it. (Sm22)

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2017 13:22

Thank you Grockle and Jon. Something has shifted. It has appeared in the slot it would have gone in had it gone up at the first attempt.

Mike - your turn to read it now!

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2017 13:23

Well he did post it about 7 times (without really knowing he was doing that). It should be OK now.

If you do get the red SPAM notice at the top of your post please DO NOT post it again. The SPAM version will be posted but it will come onto my page at an Unauthorised post. I can authorise it. The site therefore posts the first attempt but leaves it to me to decide whether to authorise it. Why it decides some perfectly normal posts are SPAM I can't tell you. If you post again, it simply posts both and waits for me to delete all or keep one.

(Sm72)

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2017 13:25

That's interesting.

A post by Farmer made just after 12 noon on Somerset related news thread is now showing (but it wasn't earlier, as it has new by it) Posts made after it I had read earlier- so post has eventually turned up, after a delay of an hour!

Edit- Grockle has now provided explanation.

Another tip= click once, and once only on 'post' If you do it more than once (because your computer is on a go slow) that is when it will think you are spam, and double message. The first click will work- even if you chose to leave site, because you think the post hasn't been accepted. It has been accepted- any subsequent clicks just produces numerous duplicates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2017 13:31 by chunkyinargyll.

Date: 19 June, 2017 13:26

Sorry Grockle.

I didn't get (or see) the spam/robot notice until I had tried several times so thought it just wasn't going anywhere and didn't want Mike to miss out!

Farmer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2017 13:28 by Farmer White.

Date: 19 June, 2017 15:12

I am grateful for your post FW, it was a very good read, I forgot to buy a paper today.

Date: 19 June, 2017 16:25

Sorry Mike

Obviously not long enough if it only lasted you as long as a newspaper. I shall try harder in future. Or post the next one seven times.

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2017 17:58

For some years I have found the following site: [www.birdfolk.co.uk] an unfailingly reliable source of information on all current matches at senior level. But from yesterday I have found that, while the matches are listed, the place where the scorecard should be is blank.

I am wondering if this is yet another example of the imposition of a pay wall. It is such a good service I would not be completely averse to paying a reasonable amount for access to the site, but I have received no information about such a change having taken place.

Have any fellow Grocklites had a similar experience?

LoL

Seventy Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Date: 21 July, 2017 18:09

We've had a link to this site for a few years now. Sorry it has gone if it has

(Sm72)

Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2017 06:15

Dave who runs the Birdfolk site has some technical issues he's working on LoL. I think the problems started when Cricinfo updated their website (there are lots of grumbles on Twitter about the new Cricinfo too).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/07/2017 06:17 by Bagpuss.

Date: 22 July, 2017 08:09

Excellent. Hope Dave sorts it because it is a glorious homage to the past and a very useful addition.

(Sm72)

Date: 22 July, 2017 08:18

Cricinfo stinks, I can't find anything very easily now.

Date: 22 July, 2017 11:29

I agree, Mike. The site seems designed specifically to make things difficult to find. It used to be so straightforward but now some "clever" people have taken over and the site is barely worth visiting.

LoL

Date: 22 July, 2017 11:52

Yep, the BBC live score are just as good these day's.

Date: 22 July, 2017 11:58

Cricinfo... run by ESPN. They are Americans. What do they know about cricket? I think Disney are in there somewhere as well so what do you expect?

(Sm72)

Date: 22 July, 2017 12:22

Sorry, Mike, but the BBC site, while better than Cricinfo, is nothing like as good as birdfolk, featuring as it does only matches involving English sides and not giving a one-screen view of current scorecards in all matches of interest.

Birdfolk working at its best might well be my luxury when I go to that desert island with Kirsty Young.

LoL

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2017 12:29

Like the way your mind works, LoL, but I don't think Kirsty goes with you.

Date: 22 July, 2017 12:43

Oh damn, must read the small print.

LoL

Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2017 13:15

Apparently Cricinfo has completely changed the structure of its scorecard pages so its going to take Dave a while to sort out. But meanwhile he says birdfolk.co.uk/cricmob still works you could give that a try.

Anyone on Twitter Dave Bird is @BardDave

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2017 13:36

Blooming Birds everywhere.

Now look here, Lhasa. Never mind all that airy persiflage. Which 8 records will you and Kirsty be taking to the desert island?

And while we're thinking about important matters: going by your 69 seasons why did you leave it until you were 14 years old before becoming a Somerset supporter?

Current Page: 24 of 29
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net