Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Cameron Bancroft
Posted by: wsm fan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2017 12:26

We arent stuck with it any more than we were stuck with Ponting Smith Langer Rogers Elgar!
We have chosen to sign him from a mountain of possibilities, how well he performs time will tell but we have chosen him, we have not been forced to and are now "stuck with him"

Anyway, Merry Xmas Tom, maybe 2018 we'll finally make it into Div2 for you after so many years of failed attempts.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 12:40 by wsm fan.

Posted by: Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2017 13:09

Your second sentence contradicts the first. We have signed him and have to abide by that decision - wise or otherwise. In other words, we are stuck with it for 2018. Surely that is plain enough for anyone to understand, although it seems not.

And should your second paragraph be prophetic, rest assured "fan", I shall be the first to say "I told you so."

(Sm22)

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

Date: 24 December, 2017 13:26

Its your use of the word "stuck" i guess!

If we'd signed Steve Smith from Apr1 to Sep30 for all 3 formats and no get out clause for international or IPL call ups we would too be "stuck" with him but i'm guessing that "stuck" would have been acceptable!?

The ability of this board to write players off even before they have played is quite something.

In the not too distant past we have have Shane Lee Jamie Cox Cameron White all of whom not superstars prior to arrival but did fine jobs in my book.

I think i shall renew membership & attend most matches home and away on the off chance Cameron & co actually give it their best and win a game or 2.

Merry Xmas Grockles!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 13:45 by wsm fan.

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2017 13:44

Yes, but none of Jamie Cox, Shane Lee or Cameron White had previously been found wanting in the nether regions of CC2.........

Let's face it, Cox and Lee came here during an era when Australia could have fielded at least three, and very possibly five batting line-ups that would have been far too good for England. Back then not being an established batting star for Australia carried very little meaning because of said strength - okay, it meant you weren't as good as the Waughs, Punter, Langer etc but you don't have to be as good as them to be very useful to an English county.

We shall just have to hope that time will demonstrate that Bancroft got his problems out of the way with the lowly Gloucesters.... effectively that his time with them will have served to teach him lessons on how to be successful with us.

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2017 13:49

Anyone who uses the expression 'happy clappies' to describe fellow Somerset supporters who are not invariably in the slough of despond can be safely ignored.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2017 14:28

I remember you going on about how helpful the Bristol pitch was to bowlers when last we went signing people from Bristle AG. You didn't think they'd cope as well down here. One did one didn't.

Let's hope the reverse is true for batsmen and CB gets more to work with at his new home than his last.

(Sm72)

Date: 24 December, 2017 19:01

So why didn't you Bobstan?

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 December, 2017 20:37

Thanks, Mr Seymour. You have just won me a small bet- namely that your response would be precisely the one it was.

The views of anyone who ..... can be safely discounted.

Date: 24 December, 2017 20:58

Seasonal felicitations to you Bobstan.

"People who try to bring you down everyday aren't important in your life, so you better treat their opinions as such."

Terry Mark

Date: 24 December, 2017 21:42

Good advice for Somerset then Tom.

(Sm72)

Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 25 December, 2017 01:37

Somerset sign a new overseas player - Tom Seymour is on the board disparaging the new signing.
Somerset MIGHT be about to sign a player from another county - Tom Seymour is on the board disparaging both Somerset's choice of player AND said player's poor taste in counties even before there's been any official notice of interest let alone signing.
Some players from another county sign new contracts - Tom Seymour is on the board disparaging Somerset players for what he thinks they would have have done if they had.
Couple of questions - 1) Tom, is there a hypothetical scenario you could devise which might lead to you expressing some degree of satisfaction with Somerset cricket or any of its participants?
2) Does it strike anyone else as mildly ironic that someone called Seymour should be so consistently one-eyed?

Posted by: RadstockRob (IP Logged)
Date: 25 December, 2017 03:39

Tom Seymour is consistent!

That's why Tom Seymour goes on and on and on and on.

Tom Seymour is like toothache.

A nagging pain that just won't go away.

Tom Seymour is a Happy Clapper.

Tom Seymour hides behind his alias.

Tom Seymour where do you sit on match days so I don't go anywhere near you.

Tom Seymour must hate Christmas and Nre Year.

Tom Seymour Who are you????

That's all folks!!

Date: 25 December, 2017 07:49

Mike & Radstock, those 2 posts have brightened up my Xmas morning, many thanks. Merry Xmas

Date: 25 December, 2017 08:49

He likes all this guys. It's fair winter sport but once the season starts.....other things are afoot.

Think his middle name is Ebeneezer pethaps? Bah Humbug.

(Sm72)

Date: 25 December, 2017 10:13

What would you know about toothache Radstock?

Do you have any left.

I sit on Gimblett's Hill. Who am I? I'm Tom Seymour.

And to Mikeindex who claims to be an umpire, I sincerely hope for the sake of the players you are not as one - eyed when you officiate as you are on here.

Yeah, I love it Grockle.

Date: 25 December, 2017 14:11

Yeah I know Tom.... sad really.

(Sm72)

Date: 25 December, 2017 16:32

Twas Christmas Day at the County Ground
The happiest day of the year
The Grocklees were gathered on Gimblett’s Hill
Their bellies full of beer
Up strode the Grocklemeister
“A merry Christmas to you all”
But the only answer he did get
Was from beyond the Churchyard wall.
The moderator, he grew angry
And swore by all the Gods
“No pudding shall you have today
You miserable group of sods”
Then up strode dear old Tom Seymour
His face as bold as brass
He said, “You can keep your Christmas Pudding
And stick it up your @#$%&!”

(Sm24) (Sm24) (Sm24) (Sm24)

Date: 25 December, 2017 17:25

Well done Tom.... still a little sad though.

(Sm72)

Posted by: RadstockRob (IP Logged)
Date: 25 December, 2017 18:53

FYI Tom Seymour I had a rare gum disease that caused my tooth loss and if I had the money to replace them I would.

As it seems to worry you so much perhaps you could make a contribution.

You seem to know me well but I haven't a clue who you are and don't want to either.

Good news you sit on Gimblett's as that is the one part of the ground I won't be sitting due

to the lack of health and safety between each row of benches.

Perhaps now that Lavender has left I could resurect my suggestion which Simon Lee was all
in favour of.

One day there's going to be an accident when treading on the "Flower bed".

Date: 25 December, 2017 19:14

On this very special of days RadstockRob, I really do wish you well.

Current Page: 2 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net