Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Worcester play-off
Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 11:12

I think Jack Brooks will be back for us too

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 11:29

Possibly, though somebody will miss out if Jamie Overton plays (didn't play the first two red ball games).

Date: 12 May, 2019 12:37

Whisper it quietly but they might think Craig needs a rest

Date: 12 May, 2019 12:50

Possibly, although if we're going to talk "resting," then Lewis would be as strong a candidate on both workload this season, and injury history grounds.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 13:00

Brooks has to play surely to freshen up a hatd working group for the past ciuple of weeks and to het him back up to speed.

(Sm72)

Date: 12 May, 2019 13:59

I don't think they'll want to drop Lewis because batting.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 14:16

Bring Tom B in as batsman. Could do a lot worse

(Sm72)

Posted by: Wickham (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 14:24

I reckon that Banton will play in place of Davies.

Date: 12 May, 2019 14:24

Could, indeed, try that.... Would put Tom A up into the fourth seamer role (assuming you mean Tom B for Lewis).

If they do decide to rest one of Cove or Lewis then there's absolutely nothing to choose between them on workload grounds. They could look at batting but, with a red ball, I don't think there's much difference?

I think, perhaps, if that's the call then they might look at forecast overhead conditions. We won't deliberately prepare a green pitch for Morkel, that's for sure. And if the overhead conditions suggest little movement through the air, either, than Craig's extra bounce would be preferable, bowling wise, to Lewis's "pitch it up and swing it," modality.

Current Page: 6 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net