Current Page: 6 of 12
Re: 'The Nearly Men' Lord's Final
Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 14:29

I should rather like to see Peter Trego get most of our target, as this may well be his last Lord’s Final.

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 14:34

Hayseed - we’ll start a wave if and when one of our guys makes a fifty - deal!?

Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 14:36

If Hants01 wants to blame anyone for James Vince's absence then blame Alex Hales for (allegedly) smoking the wacky baccy, or the journalist who broke the real 'personal' reason for his absence from Nottinghamshire's team. Because it's only Hales' absence that puts James Vince in the World Cup 15.

Posted by: cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 14:38

Has Rob Bailey, known ever so slightly strangely but for obvious reasons as BBF (or Big Batters` Friend) on the circuit since he became an umpire in the early 2000s, given Hampshire the boost they needed?

Mason Crane was as plumb lbw to Roelof van der Merwe as you are ever likely to see when he had scored 7, as Sky replays vividly demonstrated. But despite the final being at Lord`s, there is no referral system - and he survived to put on a vital 50-plus with James Fuller.

Posted by: Annunziata (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 14:41

Snorting the white talc rather than smoking mate !(Sm102)

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 15:01

The joys of being at a live cricket match: the pair sat next to me have spent three hours talking about investment strategy, mortgage rates and capital gains tax, while the chap behind me mused to his friend that the Hants opener used to open the bowling for South Africa. FFS...

I'm in the Edrich Upper and haven't partaken in a Mexican wave for thirty years. For this and other reasons, I may seek a shadier spot for the Somerset innings.

Any news on Gregory's injury?

Posted by: Hayseed (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 15:02

Deal. Thinking it's going to Banton!

Date: 25 May, 2019 15:03

Don't think Crane counts as a big batter...?

Posted by: Flyboy (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 15:06

If you guys are in then I'm in. Think it'll be Trego myself, hopefully Banton though

Posted by: hantssabre (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 15:25

Sky have had a request to see if Tractor is there but they don’t really know who tractor is!

Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 15:27

Any faith I might have had in the Sky commentary team has gone for ever.
Is he there, does anyone know?

Date: 25 May, 2019 15:28

They have found a picture of him online, probably from this site!

Posted by: Botham (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 15:29

Quote:
hantssabre
Sky have had a request to see if Tractor is there but they don’t really know who tractor is!

I just tweeted the picture they broadcast.

Date: 25 May, 2019 15:31

Also said earlier that Marcus has a stomach upset and isn’t at Lords which is a real shame

Date: 25 May, 2019 15:35

I'm sure Marcus is following eagerly - probably not daring to change his position at the moment (unless he has to) for fear of changing the luck.

Date: 25 May, 2019 15:38

According to the Radio5 commentator Edwards has bowled "a lot of balls on Banton's pads".

Unfortunately he made a pause just before "on". Brian Johnston would have been ecstatic.

Date: 25 May, 2019 15:41

Liam Dawson split ring finger at the Bowl. Won't bat for England. Oh an Mark Wood going for a scan. Meanwhile Banton and Azhar settling my nerves nicely.

Date: 25 May, 2019 15:43

Oh and this thread is getting too long...

Date: 25 May, 2019 15:56

Is Vic there?
😉

Date: 25 May, 2019 16:05

Well played Tom Banton. Didn’t spot a Mexican wave!

Current Page: 6 of 12
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net