Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Dalrymple to Middlesex
Posted by: Beeamazed (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2011 18:13

a)Basically yes I would say.

b)I don't think he would be on massive wonga as he is a well heeled chappie who has married into an extremely wealthy family.

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2011 20:06

I can confirm that Jamie Dalrymple's wife, whose name was (or still is if she didn't take the surname of Dalrymple) Sophie Sackler, comes from a very rich family. When they got married, a thread was started on MTWD about it.

Date: 14 April, 2011 22:14

Well, there you go....Damn, I'm good (Sm3)

Posted by: kimmy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2011 10:56

Speaking to Mark O'Neill yesterday, he was saying that JD was coming along very nicely and will be good for us, however he thinks Olli will go.... Comparing the two (from a female perspective) both are very nice, but I think Olli has the edge!!!!!

(although JD's eyes.....)

Kimmy

Date: 15 April, 2011 20:53

Just to remind everyone that Ollie Rayner's loan will initially run until our Clydesdale Bank 40 match v Netherlands at Deventer on 12th May, although depending on whether Sussex feel in a position to let him stay longer, the deal could be extended.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2011 22:46

And, Kimmy, Dai is very very rich! OK, married too, but surely that's no obstacle to a determined gel?

Adelaide

Date: 15 April, 2011 22:52

Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
Just to remind everyone that Ollie Rayner's loan will initially run until our Clydesdale Bank 40 match v Netherlands at Deventer on 12th May, although depending on whether Sussex feel in a position to let him stay longer, the deal could be extended.

JW ,the clues are there...stay on topic fgs.(Sm76)

Posted by: The Diamond ruled ok (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2011 23:03

Don't need reminders thanks JW and nor do Ollie , Middlesex or Sussex all of whom are fully aware of the situation.

The only real clincher on an early return to the south coast for "Claire" is Monty returning to the England fold....... and the seagull will follow the trawler.

Date: 18 April, 2011 13:49

According to thesportscampus.com, Jamie Dalrymple will be playing for MCC v Scotland at Lord's on Thursday, although I thought he is out until June as he is recovering from an ankle operation.

Posted by: selincourt (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2011 14:01

Entry is free for this match and the weather is forecast to be dry, sunny and the warmest day of the week. Worth attending IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2011 16:55 by selincourt.

Posted by: Haringey Racer (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2011 18:22

Anyone know where I can hire a kilt at short notice? I quite fancy the idea of testing the MCC 'National Dress' rules (Middx members are allowed in the pavilion for this one, aren't we?).

Posted by: Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2011 21:07

The information on the ankle came from the inside JW.

However, allegedly, he was seen on the Nursery Ground: so another miraculous recovery on the cards.

Date: 18 April, 2011 22:33

Sharpen up JW !
Rimple turned out for Oxford Uni v.Unicorns at Wormsley yesterday.
He got 3 and 0-15 off two overs.
Warming up slowly.....(Sm14)

Date: 18 April, 2011 23:19

Considering MTWD posters often ask what ex-players are now up to, I am trying to get myself into the habit of scanning matches on the Recent Scorecard list on Cricket Archive to see whether any ex-players' names appear. However, prior to beeamazed's post, I did not remember to do so today, but even had I remembered, I wouldn't have expected Jamie Dalrymple to have played for Oxford University v Unicorns.

Date: 19 April, 2011 06:11

Life's full of little surprises....winking smiley

Posted by: Vic. (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2011 07:02

My reporter described a very mundane days cricket but the ground, as always, looked fantastic.

Date: 20 April, 2011 17:57

Lower Mound has decided that he wishes to attend MCC v Scotland tomorrow, so I will go with him.

Date: 22 April, 2011 21:58

The scorecard to yesterday's MCC v Scotland match can be viewed here. Jamie Dalrymple was run out for a two-ball duck (prior to seeing the scorecard, Lower Mound and I thought he was run out without facing a ball) and his bowling figures were 5.5-0-42-0, not helped by two sixes in an over hit into the Grand stand boxes by Scotland's overseas player Luke Butterworth, who is Australian

Posted by: Haringey Racer (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2011 08:32

Interesting scorecard. It looks as though Mark Alleyne still has it.

Cricket Archive seem to have problems linking to players' past records though. I mean how many "JGE Benning"s or "JWM Dalrymple"s are there?

Interesting also that Gavin Hamilton, officially the least successful Test all-rounder in history, can't even get into the Scotland side these days.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net