Current Page: 97 of 107
Re: ON THE MOVE OR GOING NOWHERE.
Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2018 19:12

At Derbyshire, Tom Taylor has departed for Leicestershire on a one-year contract, while Rob Hemmings has been released. The same article says that Leicestershire’s Will Fazakerley has announced his retirement.

Andrew Tye will once again play as Gloucestershire's Twenty20 overseas player in 2018.

Date: 12 January, 2018 18:55

After the departure of Steve Rhodes, Kevin Sharp has been appointed as Worcestershire head coach, with Alan Richardson becoming bowling coach in place of Matt Mason, who will coach their 2nd XI.

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2018 12:52

Sam Northeast 'free to talk to other counties'.

[www.kentonline.co.uk]

Date: 17 January, 2018 13:36

Lancashire have signed Joe Mennie as their overseas player for 2018-

[www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk]

No, I've never heard of him either.

Posted by: Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2018 16:09

Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Sam Northeast 'free to talk to other counties'.
[www.kentonline.co.uk]

I think he could be an excellent signing for us. I met him briefly when I scored a couple of games when he was at Harrow and they played my son's school (not nearly such a grand one!) He was very impressive and has been a consistent scorer who, for some reason, fails to attract the attention of the selectors. What do others think?

Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2018 19:06

I'm guessing he will be looking for 1st division cricket and it pains me to type that this would count us out.

Date: 18 January, 2018 20:04

Date: 19 January, 2018 19:26

At Leicestershire, Pakistanis Mohammad Abbas and Sohail Khan will share duties as their overseas player in 2018. The expectation is that Abbas will play for most of the season, with Khan filling in for any time Abbas misses due to Pakistan's tour of England.

Tim Groenewald has extended his contract at Somerset until 2019.

Date: 22 January, 2018 19:09

Date: 23 January, 2018 19:49

Date: 26 January, 2018 19:09

Doug Bracewell will play as Northamptonshire’s overseas player for the first month of the 2018 season.

Derbyshire have released Tom Milnes.

Quote:
Jonathan Winsky
After the departure of Steve Rhodes, Kevin Sharp has been appointed as Worcestershire head coach, with Alan Richardson becoming bowling coach in place of Matt Mason, who will coach their 2nd XI

Matt Mason will clearly not now coach Worcestershire 2nd XI, as he has been appointed as Leicestershire's bowling coach.

Date: 30 January, 2018 18:58

Cheteshwar Pujara will play as Yorkshire's overseas player for some of the 2018 season, around his India commitments and around Kane Williamson's period at the club.

Date: 09 February, 2018 19:55

Travis Head will play as Worcestershire’s overseas player in all competitions for most of the 2018 season, with the only matches he is expected to miss being those which clash with Australia's limited-overs matches in England.

Date: 13 February, 2018 18:53

Neil Wagner will play as Essex’s overseas player for at least May, June and July 2018, and could stay beyond that if an agreement is reached between the club and New Zealand Cricket.

Date: 15 February, 2018 16:54

Adil Rashid has signed a white ball only contract for Yorkshire.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Further down the article it is suggested Eoin Morgan might play some championship cricket this summer.

Mind you, we would have to select him first.

Current Page: 97 of 107
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net