Current Page: 18 of 19
Re: Oxymorons
Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2018 12:27

Day 3 at Taunton

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2018 23:07

Exaggeration but it feels like this sometimes...

Middlesex batting bonus point.

Adelaide

Date: 10 September, 2018 22:03

Borehamwood and Sutton in the Scottish Irn Bru Cup

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2018 08:32

Trump giving a press conference about the impending hurricane being one of the worst we have ever seen.

Trump denying Climate change is real, and man made, and refusing to sign the climate treaty.

Go figure!

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2018 19:39

After Eoin Morgan scored 45 runs in his 10 most recent County Championship innings and was more miss than hit during Middlesex’s Twenty20 campaign in 2018 (his 11 innings included scores of 90 and 77*, but just 92 runs in his 9 other innings), Lower Mound feels it is an oxymoron for Russel Arnold, Rob Key and Vikram Solanki to have all described Eoin Morgan as being “in the form of his life”. However, if they just into account Morgan’s form during England's tour of Sri Lanka, I can see why they have this view, as his scores beginning with his first warm-up appearance have so far been 91*, 14*, 92 and 58*.

Date: 17 October, 2018 22:38

Quote:
chunkyinargyll
Trump giving a press conference about the impending hurricane being one of the worst we have ever seen.
Trump denying Climate change is real, and man made, and refusing to sign the climate treaty.

Go figure!

If only "President Trump" HAD stayed an oxymoron....

Adelaide

Date: 27 October, 2018 12:13

I know there is a separate thread but David Warner walking off as a protest against sledging surely deserves an entry here.

As does Julian Assange suing the Ecuadorian embassy for depriving him of human rights. Just walk out of the door, mate.

Trump's crocodile tears about nasty politics also a contender?

Adelaide

Date: 29 October, 2018 22:53

“ Stopping at all stations” train “Not stopping at Wembley Park”

Barmy Kev

Posted by: Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2018 02:22

St. John's Wood underground station being closed during a major match day at Lord's.

Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2018 09:07

Quote:
Seaxe Boy
St. John's Wood underground station being closed during a major match day at Lord's.

Slightly off topic reply,and I apologise to the moderators for this....
The times St John's Wood station is closed,is usually after a game.Not actually closed,but used for crowd control,as platforms get very crowded and staggered crowd movement for health and safety reasons.This practice is used over the whole underground network when needed to be put in place.
Please look into facts before putting things that are not true!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2018 09:08 by BeefyRoberts.

Date: 30 October, 2018 09:17

Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Quote:
Seaxe Boy

The times St John's Wood station is closed,is usually after a game.Not actually closed,but used for crowd control,as platforms get very crowded and staggered crowd movement for health and safety reasons.This practice is used over the whole underground network when needed to be put in place.

I respect your reply but this has happened in the past. I once attended a t20 World Cup Final at Lord's between Pakistan and Sri Lanka. It caused absolute chaos.

Ee could not leave by the Grace Gates due to a Tamil demonstration being dealt with. There were issues with leaving by the North and East Gates as well. You are welcome to check the facts but it is sometimes inconvenient not having St. John's Wood Station available.

Date: 30 October, 2018 09:31

Quote:
BeefyRoberts
Quote:
Seaxe Boy

The major occasion that I was recalling was on Sunday 21st June 2009.It happened and I am not prepared to rewrite history.

Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2018 05:39

Black Friday sale lasting a week?

Date: 26 December, 2018 09:03

Whitechapel Underground station is over ground. Whitechapel Overground station is under ground.

Barmy Kev

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 26 December, 2018 10:35

Someone was watching 'Only connect' last night!

smiling bouncing smiley

If you want something similar (but not an oxymoron)

Euston- Kings Cross is 'southbound' on the Northern Line, but 'northbound' on the Victoria Line!

Date: 05 January, 2019 20:06

Grimbsby FC play in Cleethorpes. Cleethorpes Fc play in Grimsby.

Barmy Kev

Posted by: Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
Date: 06 January, 2019 13:59

Football managers saying they want a good cup run, then playing their reserve sides

Date: 12 January, 2019 12:02

Leeds have reminded Bielsa of the club's "honesty and integrity".

Adelaide

Date: 13 January, 2019 18:45

Barnet Council ( who did not want Barnet FC to play in their borough) congratulating Barnet on the their cup run via twitter.

3 oxymorons for the price of one here.

Barmy Kev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2019 18:46 by BarmierKev.

Date: 26 January, 2019 09:52

18 wickets fall in day. Next day 0 fall in a day

Barmy Kev

Current Page: 18 of 19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net