Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Job vacancy
Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2018 15:30

Chunky

Funnily enough I once failed to get a job on promotion, then one of the interviewing panel and the one who beat me got that job and I got the job I'd gone for after all!

But your scenario would require Gus to stand down or be stood down first, just as happened in the case I described. Of course if others insisted on a candidate that Gus couldn't stomach...

Adelaide

Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 16 August, 2018 16:15

Being as we have had rain,and my back garden grass is back to life and green,going to cut it tomorrow and trim the edges.
If I send pic into Lord's/MCC,what will my chances be?
I can operate a hose as well....I feel optimistic on my chances.

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2018 18:44

Andy Flower no longer interested.

But Ramps emerges as a possible front runner.

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Posted by: Lifer (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2018 19:00

Ramps? Dear God please no no no

Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2018 19:04

Says he is on short list of 'four or five' including Jono.
We wait with baited breath!

Posted by: Seaxe_Man (IP Logged)
Date: 31 August, 2018 18:58

Today's Telegraph reports that James Franklin is on the list and thought to be in with a strong shout.

It also implies but not said, that Andy Flower is not out of the frame either. It sounds as if promotion would be needed to tempt him.

Comment made as well. Could MX match England dosh? Probably not.

Posted by: Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2018 00:36

Due to his promising start as the interim coach, Richard Johnson must be a strong contender.

James Franklin and Mark Ramprakash are also reputedly amongst the six contenders.

Date: 04 September, 2018 05:34

Did you read the previous posts on this very page that state Franklin and Ramprakash are in the running?

Give me strength.

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2018 22:03

The Daily Mail report that Paul Farbrace is amongst the front-runners for the position of Middlesex head coach, although the article makes no suggestion that he is likelier than any of the other known candidates to be appointed.

I suppose the article is more newsworthy from an England point of view than from an Middlesex point of view, as the main point of the article is to point out than England would need to find a replacement for Farbrace if he finds alternative employment.

Date: 14 September, 2018 05:59

Farbrace wuuld be ideal.

The first potential candidate that I feel really enthusiastic about.

Posted by: Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2018 12:18

[www.middlesexccc.com]

According to the Managing Director on the club's website, we should hear about the new Head Coach within the next ten days.

The aim is for "evolution and not revolution".

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2018 19:01

Angus Fraser appears to have ruled out the possibility of there being a great deal of comings and goings this winter, as he has faith in the side which won the County Championship in 2016. Yes, but this is also the same set of players which got relegated in 2017 and didn’t look like getting promoted in 2018. Then again, history shows that teams who have a disappointing season don't always need to get the chequebook out to do well the following season, as sometimes all you need to do is get more out of the players you already have. However, it seems likely that Middlesex will sign an overseas player who I hope will do better than Hilton Cartwright.

Gus also says that we are starting a new cycle. It is just a shame that the cycle in which we won the Championship ended earlier than we expected.

Posted by: Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 07:01

All I am saying, Is Give Youth A Chance.

Next man up from the Seconds / Academy!

Posted by: London Leprechaun (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 18:02

Posted by: tallliman (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 18:03

Unexpected choice

Re: New head coach is Stuart Law
Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 18:04

And Vettori departs. He fought the Law but the Law won?

Seems like a good appointment but who knows? Will Johnno want to hang around, I wonder? Might depend on whether he really wants to be a head coach.

Adelaide

Posted by: WayOutWest (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 18:13

A bold and expensive choice I would imagine. The best news is we will have one coach instead of two. The transitional year of 2018 will result in a successful 2019 imo. Div 2 champs, and knock out stages of both white ball comps please.

Posted by: tbl (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 18:15

Pleased to see an outsider appointed. Hopefully he will have the clout to make changes to our seriously underperforming squad.

Posted by: freddie tittlemouse (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 18:33

Happy with this. Much better than some of the names mentioned.

Date: 24 September, 2018 18:38

I think stuart Law had a reputation for being 'no nonsense' and m=not suffering fools gladly.

Will certainly put his own stamp on things.

At least Dan Vettori goes as well.

Possibly the worst appointment ever, although it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Having had a taste of the top job for a couple of months, will RJ be happy to return to the ranks, or as he made himself a desirable candidate for an approach from elsewhere?

Current Page: 2 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net