Travel Hints,Hotel tips,and any other useful things for season 2019
Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 03 January, 2019 16:38

Nearly time to start our plans folks.
First one for you,if heading to Worcestershire away in May,cheaper tickets on GWR services are nearly on offer.Give a week or so,don't forget,two singles are usually cheaper to purchase.
And,the game is in Whitsun week!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 07:45 by BarmierKev.

Re: Travel Hints,Hotel tips,and any other useful things for season 2019
Date: 04 March, 2019 11:34

If thinking about t20 at Cheltenham vs Gloucs,tickets for game went on sale this morning via Gloucs website,price £20.

Date: 23 March, 2019 09:56

So the first county game draws ever closer.
Northampton....A train leaves London Euston on 5th April at 0849,arrives at Northampton at 0944,at moment using Virgin Trains website,the fare is £9 each way.
There are plenty of trains back.Dont forget,check to see if 2 singles are cheaper than a return.
The open return for this day,is £37.60 so a good saving.

Posted by: tallliman (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2019 17:12

Travelodge in Wootton near northants was 33quid yesterday for the Saturday of the game, cheaper than driving home and back!!

Date: 07 April, 2019 12:47

Saturday 27th April,home game vs Sussex in the 50 over,there are NO Metropolitan line between Aldgate and Wembley Park,Jubilee line not affected.
May 27th,first day of Worcester away,trains depart Paddington at 0650,arrive Worcester at 0916 and 0750 Paddington arrive 0959 Worcester,fare on GWR website is £15 single,return train,best is 1850 Worcester arrives Paddington 2105 same fare £15 single.
These are direct trains a later train departs Worcester but has 2 changes for £6 single.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2019 16:58 by BeefyRoberts.

Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 12:40

Thought I’d just put this up to remind those going Saturday no Met line between Wembley Park and Aldgate

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Posted by: tallliman (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 09:36

Travelodge has 30quid rooms for the Worcester away game if it helps anyone.

Date: 02 May, 2019 12:52

Tickets for travel to Cardiff for the Glamorgan county game are on sale via the GWR website.
13th July,best train departs Paddington at 0745,arrives Cardiff at 0952,single fare is£23.50
Return train,leaves Cardiff at 1925,arrives Paddington at 2131,cost £19 single.. 1925 is cheapest option.

Also,for day 4 of the Leicestershire home game..(please,dont shoot messenger)..Have heard a tube strike commences on the 4th day,17th May.

Posted by: hdo (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 01:05

Does anyone know anything about parking near the Worcestershire ground? I'm keen to avoid paying £10 per day to park at the ground, if possible, and I don't mind a walk if there's free street parking available within a decent radius.

Date: 27 May, 2019 06:59

From memory,and last time we played at New Road..if you drive past the ground (on left) there are plenty of residential roads just away from ground.
Malvern Road??
Not sure if restrictions are in place,but worth a look.

Date: 27 May, 2019 17:25

Many thanks - I'll give it a try when I arrive tomorrow (if the match hasn't finished by then)

Date: 27 May, 2019 23:53

There is also parking on the roundabout opposite ground,near a steak house,£3.50 for the day

Date: 28 May, 2019 13:15

Thanks - I found free parking about 15 mins walk away, thanks to your earlier advice. Much appreciated!

Posted by: WayOutWest (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2019 20:20

The T20 game at Cheltenham against Gloucestershire on July 25th is close to selling out. It is unusual for a Thursday game in being a 2.30 start.

Having attended the famous Ryan Higgins Tied match I can recommend Cheltenham heartily. A beautiful ground, great viewing, vocal yet friendly locals and a massive beer tent. What's not to like?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net