Poll: Championship 2019- Where will we finish?
Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2019 09:04

The usual 'Where will we finish' poll'

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th

You must be logged in to vote.

32 Votes

Show results

1st, 2nd or 3rd will see us back where we belong in Division one.

I'm going for 2nd

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2019 12:53 by BarmierKev.

Re: Poll: Championship 2019- Where will we finish?
Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2019 11:23

Middlesex will enter the 2019 season with a squad which hasn’t seen a great deal of change in the last few years, so they have a lot of credit in the bank considering we won the County Championship during this time (and also finished 2nd the previous season), although they lost some of that credit by then being relegated and failing to then go straight back up. However, we have now appointed Stuart Law as head coach, and having read his and Angus Fraser’s comments in the recent mailing, it sounds like our management are happy with both our squad and coaching structure despite the lack of any winter signings and what looks like a shrinkage in our coaching structure.

I would like to think that a lot of our squad will be determined to make up for two disappointing seasons and to catch the eye of the England selectors. It would be nice if our squad’s performance could make it seem like an anomaly that we are in division two. If that happens, then the fact we opted against (or were unable) adding to our squad would seem justified. A lot of our squad are now three years' more experienced than they were in 2016, so that should be more of a positive than a negative.

Lancashire, Sussex and Worcestershire are highly likely to fancy their changes (if not have expectation) of being promoted, although I don’t know about the other sides. Then again, I don’t think anyone inside or outside Kent thought they could go up last season, but a lot of things clicked and they achieved promotion.

I was tempted to predict that we will finish 1st, but the last two seasons has caused me to change my mind to 2nd.

Posted by: Sussex Seaxe (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2019 11:30

I've decided to be optimistic and go for 1st! If you can't be hopeful at the start of the season, when can you be?

Posted by: WayOutWest (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2019 16:29

Gone for top and backed it accordingly with the bookies. Very confident whereas last year the struggles didn't surprise me. Best of luck for everyone MCCC related for 2019.

Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2019 16:44

It's never easy trying to predict this,but have gone for top of the tree.
With both Lancs and Sussex looking strong opponents,its not easy in the 2nd Div,as we found last year.
Sticking with the same squad,with promotions no doubt from the seconds,its going to be an interesting season for all.
Not playing each county twice is always a talking point,but I suppose we need to make room for the other tournaments (cough)
So,top for me it is.

Good luck all,and especially to the squad,The Lawman and Nick Pothas for the season.
There are bound to be ups n downs,will need to be with the lads all the way.

Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2019 20:34

I'm quietly confident

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Posted by: Bring back the Crusaders (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 00:47

I'm confident of promotion but a lot depends on the fitness of Toby Rowland-Jones.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 14:11

I've gone for 3rd with some trepidation. Although the media wallies for some time now have slagged off Division Two. I think that this year will prove to be highly competitive.

With three promotion spots, some of the unfancied will fancy their chances. The midlands three who have all strengthened spring to mind and maybe Glos.

So with Middlesex I expect as many as half a dozen to contest for those places. Should be good cricket and competitive games throughout the season.

Durham and Glammy in transition but you never know.

Posted by: freddie tittlemouse (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 16:07

3rd but we may lose points through slow over rate and somebody firing a cannon onto the field of play.

Posted by: Haringey Racer (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 18:34

As there are three promotion spots I've voted for 4th

Posted by: Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
Date: 18 March, 2019 19:15

I'm going to check out the odds against us winning Div 2 this year and then winning the whole blaaaahdy thing arrrrtroight next yeeeah, as an Aussie might pronounce it.

If I happen to have a Fiver dans la poche at the time, I will ask the turf accountants of choice to borrow it for a couple of years on the understanding that I may require it and several friends to be returned to me in due course.

Posted by: lower pavilion (IP Logged)
Date: 27 March, 2019 12:40

I do not post as much on our site as I used to, as the new lower pavilion wants to try and keep a low profile and be less controversial.

However, I had to post on this thread.I am optimistic this season, and as long as Toby stays fit I believe we will finish in first place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2019 12:42 by lower pavilion.

Posted by: Ivor's Tache (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2019 12:30

Went for third and have, therefore, probably jinxed our season.

Posted by: WayOutWest (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2019 14:17

Quote:
lower pavilion
I do not post as much on our site as I used to, as the new lower pavilion wants to try and keep a low profile and be less controversial.
However, I had to post on this thread.I am optimistic this season, and as long as Toby stays fit I believe we will finish in first place.

LP, I believe the last time we both predicted a first place finish was 2016. Feel free to quote this sign from above come September.

Posted by: MiddleToWest (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 14:56

What do the bookies reckon? Are we favourites?

Posted by: Exile_in_stockport (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 18:51

Judging by the season so far and the form of other teams we may struggle not to come bottom.

Posted by: Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 06:31

I am supporting the 1st XI for promotion as Champions. We have a capable squad who will work hard and remain competitive. [email][/email]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net