Poll: April player of the month
Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 07:13

How do you think is our April player of month?

Dawid Malan
Stevie Eskinazi
Nick Gubbins
Nathan Sowter
Tim Murtagh
Tom Helm

You must be logged in to vote.

26 Votes

Poll results

ResponseVotesBreakdownPercentage
Dawid Malan 2

7.69 %
Stevie Eskinazi 1

3.85 %
Nick Gubbins 0 0.00 %
Nathan Sowter 12

46.15 %
Tim Murtagh 11

42.31 %
Tom Helm 0 0.00 %

26 Votes

You have not voted yet

April is nearly over . An overall disappointing start with some stand out performances. I need to think about this before I cast my vote.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2019 21:43 by London Leprechaun.

Re: Poll: April player of the month
Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 09:30

My vote has gone for the Rabbit,Nathan Sowter for his 50 over performances so far.
Mexicans 31 and 4-37
Sussex 13 no and 4-48
Essex 6-62

And,not forgetting how quick in the field.
Stood out in the last season of 50 over first eleven cricket.

Date: 30 April, 2019 09:49

It’s the Rabbit for me despite not playing in our red ball stuff. His overall contribution in RLC swings it and at least he will be around to accept the award.

Barmy Kev

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 10:18

Nathan for me.. Monumental efforts at Essex and Mexico.

Posted by: snicko (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 10:55

Murtagh - outstanding with red and white balls !

Posted by: hdo (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 11:23

Murts for me. The picture of consistency, match after match.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 11:32

Got to be Murtagh for me. Almost carrying the attack in thr first two CC games and the best seamer in the One Day stuff.

Adelaide

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 12:38

well, I've gone against the grain, and given Malan my vote (although I nearly went for Sowter).

Generally speaking good captaincy, 160 not out to save us against Northants in the championship, and 95 to help beat Essex in the first 50 over game.

Economical as Murtagh has been it has been because he has never had to bowl at the death. He's normally done his 10 overs by about the 30 over mark, before the real onslaught begins.

I'm not sure he would have fared any better than the others once Wright decided it was time to take off.

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 19:34

I have voted for Tim Murtagh, as his tally of 12 County Championship wickets is four times any of his team-mates and is higher than all but one bowler from either divison, and his economy in the Royal London Cup of 3.64 is excellent for this era, although it is hard to disagree that not bowling at the death helps him with this statistic. Still, he has managed to keep the score down at his end at the start of innings while our other fast bowlers are more expensive. And to think that hardly anyone envisaged him being a key player in the RLC! Hopefully Middlesex will cope with the fact he may have made his final appearance of our RLC campaign and is set to miss County Championship matches at various points due to Ireland duty.

Posted by: Fozzie (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 21:14

I've voted for Murts. As for his figures being more economical because he hasn't bowled at the death - he also hasn't picked up cheap wickets bowling at tailenders and batsmen having a swing.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 22:42

Well as Murts did. Sowter won the games

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/04/2019 22:43 by Seaxe_man1.

Date: 09 May, 2019 07:04

Rabbit marginally ahead. Poll will close Sunday , allowing presentation for the Leicester game.

Barmy Kev

Date: 11 May, 2019 20:15

The Rabbit is our deserved winner. It happens but the sudden swing in his favour may have been due to his performances in May when Murts was unavailable.

Perhaps one for the Oxymoron thread.

Barmy Kev

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 20:49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net