Harris - broken thumb.
Posted by: snicko (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 11:12

Apparently James Harris batted for 40 minutes after breaking his thumb against Sussex.

Will now miss 4-6 weeks cricket !

Re: Harris - broken thumb.
Posted by: dingy bags (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 12:20

Strangely, we will miss his batting more than his bowling, as things stand!

Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 12:36

Shame for him and this proves how gutsy he was Wednesday. I know not like for like but would like to Stirlo in that no. 6 slot for his batting and an extra bowling option.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 13:34

I'm sure Snicko will be right, because he did seem to be in a fair bit of discomfort, but I can't find it officially confirmed anywhere.

Maybe snicko really is a bored board member (but hopefully he still remains optimistic, even if the rest of us are beginning to have our doubts)

Posted by: freddie tittlemouse (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 14:12

Presumably Helm will be able to come in, and possibly Finn but that would leave us with an unbearably long tail. Stirling may be the only option.

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 18:07

A few hours after snicko's scoop, it is now on the official site.

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 19:25

Considering James Harris previously appeared to be one of the few fast bowlers at Middlesex about whom there were no concerns about form, fitness and the prospect of imminently going on international duty, and considering he is reigning player of the season, the last thing we needed was him getting injured.

At least it gives at least one other fast bowler an opportunity, although whether they will be able to bowl and bat as well as Harris remains to be seen. Unless we come across a pitch expected to be more conducive to spin than usual, I can’t see us reacting to this injury by bringing in another batsman or spinner instead of replacing Harris with another fast bowler.

The club's announcement about this injury lists only our next two matches as being ones that Harris will definitely miss, so hopefully his lay-off won’t be as long as 4-6 weeks.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 20:09

Shame as he was making progress as an all rounder.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net