Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: So here's a bit of Clarity
Posted by: AGod
Date: 05/09/2017 19:29
I have no idea what resources, if any, will be available for recruitment over the winter but it's pretty obvious that reinforcements are required and all the more so should we somehow save ourselves.

Most obviously the top three must be addressed...and part of that will involve making a decision on Tom Abell - is he a top three player or a number five? If he's going to stay at five then we shall have only the extremely old and the extremely inexperienced as candidates to bat in the top three as things stand (Tresco, Eddie, Rouse, Bartlett).

It will probably also be obvious that more depth is needed in the pace bowling department as all of LG, JO and youngsters Sale and Green are very injury prone. Probably, bringing in an extra experienced seamer would be a good move.

No doubt we'll try to sign an overseas top three batsman but I feel that two new recruits will be needed there if Abell is going to stay at five.

So I make that three new recruits needed for red ball cricket.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net