Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The Future
Posted by: Angell Face
Date: 25/09/2017 09:56
A good point about Sussex Bagpuss. I can't comprehend how some of those who post on this site, who have been following cricket for decades in some cases, have failed to understand that cricket is unpredictable. A few years back Lancashire won the CC. They were favourites to do it again the next year. What happened? They went down. Bell, an England stalwart, goes out to face an 18 year old off spinner in only his second 1st class match. Bell pushes at the first ball and is out. Explanations on a postcard please. Essex are promoted to Div.1. I would hazard a guess that their supporters and most cricket fans would have predicted mid-table respectability at best. They've won 9 of their 13 matches. And when Dilley went out to join Botham at Headingley you couldn't get odds on an England win. One could go on and still some are looking for explanations for the collective failure of our senior batsmen this year. I'm afraid, chaps, that it's inexplicable. Maynard doesn't know, Rogers doesn't know, the players themselves don't know and, sure as God made little fishes, nobody posting on this site knows. These things happen. Let's just enjoy the cricket.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net