Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

2018 SOMERSET RELATED NEWS
Posted by: Farmer White
Date: 10/01/2018 20:24
An interesting and, in my view, sensible intervention from John Emburey on spinners and spinning pitches:

[www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk]

In my view many of the wickets to fall to Jack Leach and Dom Bess were due to opposition batsmen trying to play them whilst rooted to the crease when some foot movement would have left them much more in control of the stroke. Also when in defensive mode right handers playing at Jack Leach when he had clearly pitched outside off stump and edging a ball they had absolutely no need to play. Two of the three Middlesex wickets to fall on the third evening of the last match as far as i can recall went that way. I can still see Trott in another match probably in 2016 reaching so far forward to defend whilst trying to keep his back foot anchored in the crease that it was physically impossible for him to keep his heel down and being stumped.

There is a longer article on Cricinfo which also contains Emburey's comments about Somerset:

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Whilst I fully support Lee Cooper's line on pitches this year because of the fear of points deductions I do think he should be pushing the Emburey line with the ECB.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net