Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: The View from the Top
Posted by: RRANDREWS
Date: 07/02/2018 13:33
Happy new year everyone!
Here's misery guts!
Sorry - I know it's my age but the County Championship is for me the real test of cricket skills, although the original 50 or 60 over one day stuff is also very good. Also, for those of my generation along with test cricket, that gives most pleasure in watching.

For me the tip-and-run stuff is just that. I don't think it exploits the skills of the batters or bowlers, BUT it also has the one credit of improving fielding 200%. When I do wact a 20/20 it is the latter that I enjoy most. In that respect the shame is that Jos Buttler was seduced into becoming a keeper/batsman rather than a batsman/fielder. In his time at Taunton his fielding was second to none and it includes our beloved Max. If Jos had kept away from the gloves, IMO he could now be one of England's top four batsmen in the Test team.

As for the youngsters, yes it's great if they do come but would it not be possible for the awful music to be stopped long before the bowler gets to the bowling action. And, of course most of the kids seem to be playing their own game behind the stands when play is in progress.

Old Boy!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net