Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: 2018 SOMERSET RELATED NEWS
Posted by: RRANDREWS
Date: 09/02/2018 17:34
I regret I couldn't get to the funeral.

I have known Mike and Mary for nearly 60 years since her hey-day as the main stay of the West Somerset League when she was involved very much with Huish Champflower and I was playing for Taunton and later Taunton Deane. She has been a wonderful stalwart of the County Ground since those early days.

Mike and I "crossed swords" in the nicest possible way when I was a sprogg football referee and Mike and his brothers were the hard men of Stogumber in the 60s. If he was around to hear me repeat this story he would have a laugh.

One horrible wet Saturday I had to referee a local derby at Stogumber - I can't remember the other team. After a pretty rough old game in which I wasn't able to make myself very popular, one of the locals came up to me and said "You were bl--dy lucky old son - last week the poor bl--dy referee was greeted at the end of the match with a bloke coming with a rope and a noose. The poor ref fainted and had to be carried to the dressing room as it was"!

Old Boy!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net