Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: RLODC 1 And we have KENT!!
Posted by: Grockle
Date: 20/04/2019 17:25
I certainly agree about the poisoned chalice given to the new boys.

I'm not a member but I took offence at the patronising/pro ECB marketing nature of 'Q&A' sessions around the first decision when our officials thought they could get short term gain and believed they would not lose out in the medium term.

Yes they had some sort of promise which the ECB supposedly reneged on but the excuse of voting 'for the good of the game as a whole' was a) not their job or b) amazingly niaive at best and something personal at its worst.

Given the position as it arrived with the new officials, I could have been happy with an abstention OR a positive vote with member consultation on the second round. More patronising of the membership and a decision pretty baldly based on 'take the money' was not the way to go.

I do think the county's are (Mueller reference: f***d) and the nature of cricket in Taunton needs some very important economic conversation given the 2020 sitiation.

It certainly isn't the time to go on the radio and go on about how 'glorious' it all is and how dreams have come true. The world has changed and cosily ignoring it is not the position required.

The massive planning to manage our transition into a strong cricket unit over the last decade may very well come to fruition at the same time as the ECB takes away from the county the opportunities to use it. That wasn't my dream and it is certainly not 'glorious'.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net