Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: 'The Nearly Men' Lord's Final
Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa
Date: 25/05/2019 23:21
What a glorious day in splendid company and with perfect cricket-watching weather.

Our bowling and fielding were electric and indicated we are blessed with a profoundly whole-hearted team. Davey got the match going in the right direction very early on and then all the bowlers joined in. Watching Jove at his finest - and occasionally his fastest - was a joy (and reminded me of my wise decision not to play against him in this life or the next).

Then came that tremendous start by Banton and Azhar that ensured there was never much doubt about the result. It was my first sighting of Banton and it is hard not to predict a brilliant future for him. After the loss of the openers I was much impressed by the extemely sensible batting of Trego and Hildreth, demonstrating what they have learned from their long experience about the importance of keeping the score moving even if the boundaries temporarily dry up. Then in the latter part of the innings Hildreth demonstrated his utter mastery and would in my opinion have been a good candidate for the MotM - not that I begrudge Jove the award.

Much more I could write but all that sunshine and excitement has sapped what was left of my energy for today. But I must end by offering my condolences to Stevecav. How sad that his dad did not live to enjoy today as much as the rest of us have,

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net