Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Madness
Posted by: BeefyRoberts
Date: 23/03/2019 10:10
The article by Jonathan Liew is a really good read,and sums up what most people think about the 100 disaster waiting to happen.
With counties joining up,I really don't like what is happening to be honest.
In the future,will the Test Match ground clubs slowly swallow up the 'smaller counties' (if you wish to call them by that) and see them disappear all together?
Just think,all that club history...GONE
Club members...GONE
Their home grounds....GONE
Trophy cabinets,with every county glory days...GONE

Don't forget folks,we,at Middlesex,are not a franchise cc holder,its Lords/MCC that want the make believe franchise club.
This season,could be the last season for 1st class cricket as we know it,as,by the next fixture release,its going to be finished.
All this for the sake of the complete idiots that want this 100 rubbish.

On Twitter,its remarkable the amount of cricket followers/members of all 18 counties that are completely against this 100 rubbish,but STILL,they push on with it.
Many have also tried contacting the ECB for their views on tweets,postings,comments about this horrible idea,and guess what...not a SINGLE reply,from anyone at all.
Amazing,considering they want this ridiculous idea to be a big money spinner.
If,and I really hope,when it implodes,what happens to our wonderful game?
Is it rebuilt?
Do we just revert back to how it is this year?
Will all 18 counties still exist?
And....what will happen to both graves and Harrison???

Just my views on the incoming 'titanic' of English Cricket.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net