Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Cricket prediction league
Posted by: Supporting Middlesex since 1999
Date: 30/04/2019 21:53
I am delighted to have finished April as top of the table in not only the MTWD league, but overall too. I believe that this means that I will receive a signed Middlesex shirt, although I am yet to be contacted by anyone about this.

I have selected Nathan Sowter as my bowler on a few occasions during our Royal London Cup campaign, not least due to the fact I feel more certain that he will play in each match than I feel about our fast bowlers. It is advisable to select players you feel confident will play in the particular match, as someone who plays but doesn't do much in the match is more likely to earn points than someone who doesn’t play, something which applies to batsmen in particular. For tomorrow's match v Somerset at Radlett, 19% of predictors have selected Dawid Malan as their batsman and 21% have selected Tim Murtagh as their bowler, so unless they change their prediction, they will be missing out on points. I think that it is possible to change a prediction between the toss and the start of play, so at least everyone has a small window of opportunity to make a change once they have seen our line-up and if they have access to the their account during this period.

Not only has Sowter played every RLC match so far, but he has taken 15 wickets. However, it gets boring if I select the same players every time, so my bowler for tomorrow is James Harris, despite the fact he hasn't actually played in this campaign. Hopefully I won't regret selecting him!

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net