Is your number up? The letter's in the post
it's all in the figures
By London Leprechaun
December 17 2018
Our Christmas gift to you this year is a Diltoid quiz. If you are not sure what that is you can find an explanation at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ditloid For our quiz ALL words are abbreviated. An example is 11PIAT is 11 Players in a Team. All the answers relate to things that happened to Middlesex or Middlesex players in 2018 and they all read grammatically. Please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT post them on this thread. Though feel free to tell others how easy or hard you found it! Happy qiuizzing. 1MP will be given to the winning entry sometime in the New Year.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019:01:14:22:20:19 by BarmierKev.
Couldn't get 5, 9 or 14.
Put your thinking caps on and Happy New Year.
I'm only here for the tele
We would also love to know what you thought of the quiz. Too hard, too easy or not interesting enough?
Any ideas for future Christmas and New year challenges?
1. 0 points deducted for slow over rate
2. 4 centuries scored by Paul Stirling in white ball cricket
3. 14 batting points gained all season
4. 2 Middlesex wins in the 20/20 Vitality blast
5. 29 runs conceded by Max Holden against the Australians
6. 6000 pounds raised in the year for the Felix project
7. 94 years since Middlesex won a championship match after following on
8. 31 runs in unbroken last wicket partnership in second eleven final
9. 80 runs scored by Hilton-Cartwright in the second innings against Leicestershire
10. 219 test runs scored by Dawid Malan for England
11. 50 years since the Seaxe club was formed
12. 145 runs chased by Middlesex women when they beat MCC
13. 56 runs scored by Middlesex in first innings against Kent at Canterbury
14. 3 wicketkeepers used in a fortnight
15. 3 bowlers injured at Derby
Our answer for Q 14 was 3 wicketkeepers used in all formats but Patrick’s answer was just as right!
Well done JW on a close second. A couple of answers were not quite right or not grammatical.
1MP is on its way to Patrick. Kev will be in touch.
I got two correct,1st and 3rd ones,the only two I wrote down,but piles of scrap paper!