Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Watcher at the End of Time
Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2018 13:07

Quote:
AG on apple
ECB have met the legal requirements for consultation by a public body.

The ECB is a company limited by guarantee, not a public body? Not sure if this makes any difference here

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2018 06:38

From Ben Warren:

We had just under 2 million social impressions, 450,000 video views and 15,000 watch hours of streaming during Somerset v Worcestershire (3 days)

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2018 11:05

I don't understand any of the jargon in the above post but I think it suggests interest in county cricket is not quite dead.

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Posted by: Streeter (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2018 14:47

REMOVED.As it appears I may have got the facts wrong.I don't want the post to be misleading if the figures used are questionable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2018 09:20 by Streeter.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2018 14:54

and if you want to massively increase these stats then just get YouTube to kick out every three hours.

I do something along the same lines by posting something for AG to respond to (Sm160)

(Sm72)

Date: 25 April, 2018 15:48

OK got it now. AG is really your alter-ego and it's all a ploy to up the traffic numbers.Excellent.

Date: 25 April, 2018 15:49

TIC !

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2018 16:21

Haven't you suggested that before?

(Sm72)

Date: 25 April, 2018 16:36

Oh no, have I ? I have to admit that there are times when I think I may be repeating myself.Brain cells giving out I suppose.

Posted by: Old Boy! (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2018 17:18

I really think the whole of the cricketing supporters should start a massive campaign to sack Graves, Harrison, Strauss, Atherton, Willis, etc etc - in fact anybody who has said this rubbish is furthering the future of proper cricket.

The whole idea has nothing at all to do with cricket - Strauss and other idiots have given the game away - if it comes off it should be played only by any overseas players prepared to sign up - and it should be shown on BBC Childrens Channel as it is aimed at mums and kids!.

Old Boy!

Posted by: Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2018 17:35

PCA reveal concerns about contracts and future structure of domestic county game [www.bbc.co.uk]

Looks like the future of cricket may be in the hands of the PCA, lets hope they can put pressure on the ECB (Graves and his cronies) to abandon most of what they propose to do. There is no hope of them listening to cricket supporters
I know there is not much hope of that but we need somebody to kick Graves into touch.

Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2018 18:46

Quote:

Meanwhile, Leicestershire chief executive Wasim Khan is to chair an 11-person working group which will look to "refine the structure of men's county cricket that has been agreed for 2020".

Unquote.

Erm......, I must have missed something. The last sentence above refers to 2020 County Cricket structure having been agreed.

I thought life as we know it ended in 2019. Of course there are conference proposals etc. thereafter, but has anyone seen anything actually agreed re 2020 & beyond ?

Maybe I am living in the twilight zone !

Grizzzly

Posted by: stevecav (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2018 08:21

The largest audience I saw on youtube was just over 1000 when we were taking the last few wickets for the win. About 900 when JH was on 99.

Date: 26 April, 2018 08:50

Thanks , ok that does change the perspective.

Posted by: AG on apple (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2018 10:32

Streeter - YOutube's own guidance on this point says that 'whenever somebody rewinds or forward winds a video, the total view time watched may exceed the total time of the video.'

In other words, if people wind backwards of forwards through a ten minute video, the system may record their view as having lasted for more than ten minutes. With a stream that lasts more than 7 hours? One can see how the figures may be affected.

So, if people were moving backwards and forwards through the stream (for example to look for wickets that fell) or to avoid that ghastly nonsense from the Worcs CEO, then this will have affected the accuracy of the figures.

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2018 12:22

If the PCA are going to canvas their members over the new 100 balls up, it would be nice if they also included the simple question, 'Do you have confidence in Colin Graves?' 'Yes' or 'No'.

It might be the PCA feels that goes beyond their remit, and it might be players don't feel as strongly as fans do. But, if the question was asked, and the players (through a secret ballet) answered 'No' that would send out a powerful signal. Such a vote might not be legally binding, but it would be hard for Graves and co to cling on with a 'No' vote.

Posted by: AG on apple (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2018 14:35

The players are livid about the end of automatic incremental England contracts, anyway, as they feel that it removes a justified reward and puts them at the whim of inept England management.

I wouldn't be surprised if no agreement ever gets reached over 'revenue sharing,' from the ECB's 'land of milk and honey T20 tournament,' and if a players' strike eventually ensues.

Posted by: Tractor (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2018 15:34

Quote:
chunky
But, if the question was asked, and the players (through a secret ballet) answered 'No' that would send out a powerful signal.

If the players are willing to perform some such act that was interpreted as 'No', that would undoubtedly send out a powerful signal! Why keep it secret? Would make great telly, perhaps just before the T-16.4?

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net