Current Page: 2 of 15
Re: Hampshire A-Head
Posted by: wsm fan (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2018 21:37

Lalala, WSM is a hotbed of information!
Quite often bowlers not playing are out practicing at the lunch and tea interval.
I assume you will be there all match Tom so maybe you could ask Jamie or one if his team mates (Craig!?) in person.
In my experience none of our players bite and are all extremely friendly if you are polite to them and ask questions. Same goes for Andrew Andy & Jason.
I am nobody important but do my research and obtain facts not wild speculation and false rumours.

Whoever your source is that suggests Jamie is injured again i suggest you serve him his P45.

If you all search hard enough you may just find his playing comeback has already begun.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2018 23:29 by wsm fan.

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2018 06:02

Unfortunately, he will already have missed 28.5% of the CC season by the time the Hants game is done with.

That leaves him a maximum of 10 CC matches left to play this season. And, really, the smart money would be on him playing no more than the 6-7 games a season which has been his recent average. After all, even IF Jamie is fit for all ten games, it would seem highly unlikely that it would be prudent (given his history of back problems and role of bowling fast) to just pick him for game after game, given that they are packed in tightly, with little rest in between.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2018 06:35 by AGod.

Date: 11 May, 2018 06:12

The next 5 are very spread out!
The last 6 are packed in but after 3 months knocking county batters heads off he will be flying......

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2018 06:23

If he is fit, he is a variation. I have no problem with using him sparingly as a shock and awe option.

It's when he's most effective and given Tom A's new job we don't have to bowl him to death.

I'm up to adding something else to turn to.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Tom Seymour (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2018 07:46

Quote:
wsm fan
I am nobody important but do my research and obtain facts not wild speculation and false rumours.

Whoever your source is that suggests Jamie is injured again i suggest you serve him his P45.

If you all search hard enough you may just find his playing comeback has already begun.....

If he were not injured then he would be available for selection which he is not. Simple! Simple!

So disclose your facts. If you can't let it rest.

Cleavo says "The “breaking down again” comment was some words of caution from myself given Jamie’s injury and fitness record."

Surely that is a contradiction coming from you Cleavo.

And no, I won't be there for all 4 days, wsm. Tomorrow I shall be watching Somerset but at Rugby Union. Rejoice!

A glass half - empty or a glass half - full?
Regardless, both glasses need filling up.

Date: 11 May, 2018 08:10

Yes he has been injured as reported but is now fit. You said he was reinjured which is as usual false.

Aa i say ask him or his brother today and im sure they will update you in person. But then why let facts spoil a false rumour hey!

Anyway onto Hampshire, hopefully yet another good day & as such you wont have any need to comment on yet another positive day as deserved praise is no fun.....

Re: Somerset Day. Ireland Day.........
Posted by: Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2018 10:26

Bit of an odd decision to field given team selection, no?

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2018 10:42

True - unless they expect to only bat once? More confidence than I have if that is their thinking.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Rod1883 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2018 10:45

Poor drop by Renshaw - Tres would have snaffled it

Posted by: AG on apple (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2018 10:49

Personally, Nailsea, I agree with both aspects of the 'pick two spinners and bowl first decision.'

More often than not, Taunton gets flatter and there's often little or nothing there for the bowlers on day four. So it's usually better to get all of your bowling done within the first three days, IMO. Will this track follow that pattern? Who knows?

It does sound deliciously dry, this surface, which I'm delighted to hear.

Date: 11 May, 2018 10:50

Tom Seymour - how do you know that Jamie is not available for selection?

It's now conceivable that he is both: a) fit and b) not selected.

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:00

It sounds as though we've failed to bring our usual discipline to our bowling this morning? Too many four balls.

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:07

Far too much in the 'short and wide,' or too straight categories at the moment.

One of our poorer bowling displays, as a unit, for a long time, I'd say.

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:10

Time, soon, surely, to see if the spinners can provide rather more accuracy and discipline to proceedings.

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:10

Need to find some control - they're scoring at ~7 an over since the wicket went down

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:13

A good ball from Tom.............. *now* can they find the requisite discipline after the boost of a wicket?

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:31

Sadly, no signs of any turn at all for Leachy, thus far.

So we are likely to need a drastic improvement from our seamers before/after lunch or we may find ourselves in a very uncompetitive position in the match.

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:40

Well done Tom - main strike bowler!

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:40

Tom strikes again.

We've given away far too many runs BUT if we could get the prize wicket of Amla before lunch, then we'd take a lunchtime score of 125/4 or so, with Amla in the hutch.

Date: 11 May, 2018 11:55

Scoring has slowed to a snails pace. Another wicket now or straight after lunch will see us back in the frame

Current Page: 2 of 15
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net