Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: Somerset Day. Ireland Day.........
Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 12:25

Bat on, I say...

Posted by: Tumbles (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 12:27

I’d give Dom 3 overs to get his ton. The stream shows quite a lot of cloud coming over.

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 12:29

IF we come back out then I think it needs to be expressly time limited i.e "Dom, you've got thirty minutes, and then we're declaring, so you'd better try and hit the cover off most things to make sure you're 3 figures when the declaration comes."

Fortunately, I think Dom has the mentality that, even if we don't tell him something like that, he will come out and try and thrash the bowling around anyway, versus nervously nudging towards his maiden SCCC first team ton.

Posted by: Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 12:54

[quote Clarence Parker][quote

Jog on my friend.
,[/quote]

Really, how old!!!!!!.😁

Still great morning session. Declaration and get in to them would be my shout. See if we can find anything left in the pitch.

Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 12:55

World's Best No XI doing a noble job of playing for Dom's ton!

"Tim Groenewald - best No. XI in the world" - Rob Key
Nil desperandum, dear lady! Beyond the desert lies the promised land!

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 13:04

Shame for Dom but credit to Berg who has steamed in and given a lot to this game. 92 and 275 ahead... not bad.

(Sm72)

Date: 13 May, 2018 13:07

Dom *livid* with his dismissal... exactly the right attitude....precisely the type of attitude which will surely lead to many more ton chances, and indeed some tons, in the future.

Well played, young man.

And brutal stuff from Timmy G.

So, lead of 275.

4 sessions plus about 105 minutes left in the match. Weather set fair.

So, hopefully, worst case scenario of them batting for 4 sessions and scoring 350 or so in the process. Would leave us 76 to get in 105 minutes, which should be achievable.

That's assuming that the track turns.

I still think it'll be flatter tomorrow, so I think we need to take at least 5 wickets, and preferably 6 today.

Date: 13 May, 2018 13:28

Thanks, Jimmy.

A misjudgment and wicket number one!

Date: 13 May, 2018 13:46

Good bowling from LG - getting some nice swing. That being the case, in addition to TG coming on soon, probably worth a little bit of Tom prior to the spinners coming on.

I'd fancy Tom quite strongly to get Vince nicking off to the slips.

Posted by: Rod1883 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 13:53

Been out this morning at a car show, just got back.
Would just like to say Wow!
Come on Somerset, let's grind them down with some really accurate pressure bowling.

Date: 13 May, 2018 14:00

Good performance from LG in this second innings, thus far.

Date: 13 May, 2018 14:18

Well done, Tim and George.

Now here comes the match (Amla)...........

Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 14:19

Great bowling and field placement by TG.

As for Weatherley, don’t think that was his finest moment !

Grizzzly

Date: 13 May, 2018 15:46

Still very little sign of any turn from the main surface of this track, which is very disappointing but not particularly surprising because the recent history of our track is that, if it's going to turn, it will do so early, and it didn't in the first innings.

I think the seamers are bowling pretty well and they sometimes look as though they might get a wicket, but I'm starting to fear a draw here, particularly as batting conditions are likely to be at their best tomorrow.

Date: 13 May, 2018 16:00

Back to the Ciderabad strategy please, Andy, Jason and Simon (Lee).

This is back to the old, predictable, surface of getting flatter and flatter and flatter.

Date: 13 May, 2018 16:58

Ultimately, I think we may pay the price here for not bowling well enough in the Hants *first innings*. We've bowled much better second time around but, had we hit our straps the first time around, we may well have bought ourselves an extra 30 or so overs in which to bowl them out in their second innings..

(of course it might be that even an extra 30 overs would make no difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2018 17:31 by AGod.

Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 17:52

Tremendous day with the bat and our bowlers kept plugging away without much luck.

The pitch however is doing a very good impression of Monty Pythons dead parrot.

Grizzzly

Date: 13 May, 2018 18:00

Well it makes the task simple. One day Amla and 7 more wickets.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Hants01 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2018 18:08

Another truly dreadful day with the Hants (depleted) bowling attack mercilessly flogged; of course it doesn't help when you put down sitters as was the case with Hildreth early on. 71-4 to 500 plus- appalling. Then, as predicted, our batsmen started getting themselves out rather than Somerset getting them out. This season needs to be Adams' last and Weatherley...well, it's just shocking. Vince has hitherto refrained from his more lavish strokeplay, but my prediction is that he will take the bait in the end. I predicted Somerset by nine wickets or an innings and I stick by that. Merely, it will delay the inevitable- finished in four not three days. Somerset ought to know: 1) with this lot, they tend to get themselves out; 2) wickets go down in clusters; 3) the tail is long and 4) I expect some stupid cricket along the way, like a daft run out. Once again hopelessly outclassed and yet Giles White survives it all.

Date: 13 May, 2018 18:11

I think we've all been there Hants. This may be the game when they start the long crawl back (not hoping for it but it could still be)

(Sm72)

Current Page: 10 of 15
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net