Current Page: 1 of 23
2019 SOMERSET RELATED NEWS
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2019 21:29

Missed As the last one on the 2018 version this one in January. as the last message on the 2018 version was congratulations to Ben Warren and the team for being the most successful site to work social media into their coverage of live events it seemed a good time to change the thread over to a new one

(Sm72)

Re: 2019 SOMERSET RELATED NEWS
Posted by: Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2019 07:33

https://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p490/cricketphotos1/Cricket%20Photos/2018%20Somerset%20Cricket%20Photos/Not%20Cricket%20Match%20Photos/Installation%20of%20floodlight%20at%20SCCC%202018%202019_2.jpg

Some of you that haven't been to the ground yet would not have noticed that the Gimblett's Hill is turfed.

So if you want to use the Gimblett's Hill bring something to sit on, like a ground sheet.

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2019 08:05

Mike, are you sure they're not practice strips for the new curved pitches to be used for the 100?

Date: 01 April, 2019 08:34

I never thought of that, you could be right.

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2019 11:15

Now I know it's 1st April.

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2019 15:33

Better than the April Fool in the County Gazette, Mike.

Posted by: RadstockRob (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2019 21:22

Those rows of weeds are still there. I keep asking for them tp be removed as a H&S issue and easier to maintain.

Groundstaff agreed with me and putting walkway at back.

It wouldn't take long or cost a lot.

I did e-mail Andrew Cornish with no reply even though I had an acknowledgment My e-mail had been received.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Date: 02 April, 2019 10:55

I have to agree about the "flower" beds, Rob. It seemed a nice idea, but it has proved impractical and certainly impedes movement along the rows of benches. Nor am I convinced about replacing the hard surface with grass unless the drainage proves to be extremely efficient; the area could become a bit of a mud bath. And, assuming the benches will be restored, how will the grass be kept short - will spectators be asked to bring their own shears? (or chairs if the benches are not restored?).

Time for a shear/chair holders meeting?

LoL

Posted by: cricketharris (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2019 12:46

I think that in busy games customers might be tempted to stand against the wall on the path if it was at the rear of the seating, Rob. There is also a path at the front of the Somerset Stand. Stewards must just be more diligent.
I think Gimblett’s grass was an April Fools Day joke, LoL.

Date: 02 April, 2019 13:48

Well, I seem to have noted the jocularity of it at 12.15 yesterday.

LoL

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2019 14:08

The practice strips for the Hundred is true though

Posted by: cricketharris (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2019 18:40

Jolly April Fool japes are supposed to end by mid-day on 1st April or you will be met with untold bad-luck, LoL. I didn’t think you would make that mistake. Maybe it’s not true.

Posted by: nelliec (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2019 18:54

Could definitely make some use of that turf if the ground staff need someone to remove it!!!

Posted by: Scrumper (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 00:10

Looks like a lot a work for not a lot of recognition (Sm149)

Date: 09 April, 2019 14:32

FORMER Somerset County Cricket Club chairman Andy Nash has used his contacts in the cricketing world for a one-off eBay auction in aid of Children's Hospice South West. [www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk]

Good for him.

Posted by: Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 08:32

Good to see Jove is included in the 2nd eleven squad for today's 50 over match v Glamorgan at Instow.

Somerset team from.
Second XI Coach, Greg Kennis has named the following side for the match: Tom Banton, Tom Lammonby, Peter Trego, Tim Rouse, Roelof van der Merwe, Ben Green, Sam Young, Max Waller, Jamie Overton, Paul van Meekeren, Nathan Gilchrist and Ollie Sale.

Posted by: cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 08:33

Good to see Jamie Overton named in the Seconds side playing Glamorgan in a friendly at the North Devon club in Instow today - switched from Taunton Vale because of the saturated ground there.

Runs also, hopefully, for Tom Banton and Ben Green.

Squad: Banton, Lammonby, Trego, Rouse, van der Merwe, Green, Young, Waller, J. Overton, van Meekeren, Gilchrist, Sale.

Posted by: Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 08:37

SNAP CJM.

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 11:19

Birthday match for Jove close to his Devonshire homelands, Happy Birthday lads 25 not out today. Hope WSM Fan has baked a quick cake with plenty of lift

Date: 10 April, 2019 14:05

Congratulations to Cove and Jove on their half century!

LoL

Current Page: 1 of 23
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net