Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Somerset vs Kent - CC round one, Fri 05 Apr
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 15:32

You may very well be right Farmer - when he stays in he stays in. Hope he does that a lot. I wish he'd move down the order as I've said many times before but that is not going to happen so he has to stand and score.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2019 15:34 by Grockle.

Posted by: Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 16:35

Not sure they will risk Cove.

Date: 04 April, 2019 19:51

Well it was the more definite Overton pick but we'll see in the morning.

Looking forward to seeing some people there tomorrow. Here's to a winning start.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 20:38

I am only there until 12.30, I am taking my car in for a service, unfortunately the agent is in Bridgwater.

Posted by: cricketharris (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 20:53

The Ondajee stands will be closed again, a shame as the wicket is closer to that side. And a shame because they have all winter to fix the problem.

Posted by: Scrumper (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 21:32

What problem?

Posted by: Railboy (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 21:38

Would rate the chances of play tomorrow as virtually nil. Heavy rain most of the evening and a rubbish forecast for the whole day.

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 05 April, 2019 06:59

Starting the season with a jinx? Ok, my prediction - it will be a dustbowl (tic)

Posted by: Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
Date: 05 April, 2019 09:14

inspection at 11.30. Looking brighter in area.

Posted by: hantssabre (IP Logged)
Date: 05 April, 2019 09:44

No doubt it will be an uncontested toss so Somerset will bat first

Date: 05 April, 2019 09:49

Covers are partly off, inspection as stated at 11:30. Met half the team popping into Taunton in training gear at 10:30 so little hope of play before midday.

Dark grey clouds over everywhere else but the ground is quite bright and dry. There doesn't feel like there is rain in the air but there are indications that rain is on its way today.

Richard Illingworth is one of the umpires and part of the ground is supposed to be 'more than damp' so don't plan to watch any cricket any time soon.

Welcome to the 2019 County Cricket season everyone.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)
Date: 05 April, 2019 10:05

April showers, who'd have thought.

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 05 April, 2019 10:07

Home sides Notts batting and Hants will when their game gets underway.

Sussex 0-1, Derbs 0-2

How many wickets will fall today?

Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 05 April, 2019 10:17

Two wickets in the first three balls for Chris Rushworth after Derbyshire chose to bat!

Date: 05 April, 2019 10:29

11:30 inspection happening now with all the covers on the pitch now so it isn't looking wonderful. Highly doubtful of cricket to be honest as the weather is closing in.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
Date: 05 April, 2019 10:36

Good luck to everybody for 2019 - both players, members and supporters.

Sadly, It is now too much for me to get to and spend a day at Taunton, so I shall have to content myself with keeping up to date via other means.

So many things I will miss, none more so than the 'Old Rogues' whose pessimism was a real tonic, even on a good day.

Enjoy.

Date: 05 April, 2019 11:39

Sorry to hear that Clarence. The summer isn't the same without the live stuff and I hope you can get to some.

As you say, the ironic wit of the place is a joy for anyone who appreciates the one liner from the natural comic in the cheap seats.

Not many of them here today though... the drizzle has turned into persistent rain and I for one can't see it stopping. This day will be abandoned I would assume sooner rather than later.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 05 April, 2019 11:53

Sorry to hear that you are unlikely to attend much cricket, Clarence Parker. We have often responded to each other's posts over the sixteen years since I first discovered this site, but sadly I am not sure that we have ever actually met, unless we have both been more expert than intended in appearing incognito.

So enjoy the season in the best way you can - the ball-by-ball commentary is a great treat, but does rather depend on play taking place. Very frustrating so far this season!"

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Date: 05 April, 2019 12:01

Side as published but not confirmed because the 'toss' hasn't been confirmed yet

Trescothick, Ali, Hildreth, Abell, Byrom, Davies, Gregory, Overton C, Davey, Leach, Brooks

Groenewald is 12th man at the moment

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2019 12:02 by Grockle.

Date: 05 April, 2019 13:00

So abandoned for the day at 2:00. Not surprising to be honest.

(Sm72)

Current Page: 2 of 10
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net