Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: CC1 Match 2. Somerset v Notts. 11-14th April 2019. Trent Bridge
Posted by: Phrench Phil (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 13:55

So, we are now in the lead and GB has reached his highest First Class score.

Any runs now will only increase both scores and may be considered a bonus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 14:18 by Phrench Phil.

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 13:57

Believe this is now George's highest first class score (previously 110 at Old Trafford last season, when Marcus broke his foot)

Posted by: Tumbles (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 14:08

New ball I guess key.. hopefully we can score quick.

Posted by: brt1919 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 14:38

In the context of winning this match, today’s performance means nothing - we know from the last match it’s quite possible to be 2nd best much of the game but raise the level to win at the end. But looking at the big picture, this has been a tremendous day. Bartlett will rightly get most of the praise, but what a contribution by our captain too. This isn’t a poor attack they’ve been up against either. And when our top 3 batsmen find their feet too......

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 14:59

So much for the assessment of George after his first innings - 'rabbit in the headlights' I think it was. Great maturity in this knock.

So, presently we need a new 1, 2 and 3 but 4 and 5 seem OK

(Sm72)

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 15:03

Bartlett's two career CC tons - First one vs Jimmy at OT, second one vs Broad at T Bridge.

Really tremendous stuff from him today.

I note that Liam Dawson has, already, had to bowl 55 overs in a single innings at Headingley - which must be some kind of record for the second week in April.

There really doesn't seem much left in this track here at T Bridge for the seamer, today, meaning that our man, Leachy, might also be in for a rather long bowl, I think.

Meantime, I've given zero thought to the white ball stuff that's about to start but, presumably, if he wasn't already pencilled in to play, then Mr Bartlett will be inked in to start the 50 over campaign in a few days' time?

Posted by: Wickham (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 15:19

Agree, AG - save that Hampshire are bowling at the Ageas Bowl, rather than Headingley.

Date: 12 April, 2019 15:50

Quote:
AGod
Bartlett's two career CC tons - First one vs Jimmy at OT, second one vs Broad at T Bridge.
Really tremendous stuff from him today.

I note that Liam Dawson has, already, had to bowl 55 overs in a single innings at Headingley - which must be some kind of record for the second week in April.

There really doesn't seem much left in this track here at T Bridge for the seamer, today, meaning that our man, Leachy, might also be in for a rather long bowl, I think.

Meantime, I've given zero thought to the white ball stuff that's about to start but, presumably, if he wasn't already pencilled in to play, then Mr Bartlett will be inked in to start the 50 over campaign in a few days' time?

340/7 would suggest with the newish ball there is still life in it.

Date: 12 April, 2019 15:52

The team selection for this match was always going to be difficult, I am sure Eddie would have come good on this pitch. The decision to have an extra bowler seems to have paid off so far with a role for Jack expected in the second innings. At least George must be in for the Surrey game. Some healthy competition is good and may encourage a shuffle in the batting order. Who else really wants to open?

Date: 12 April, 2019 15:59

3 batting bonus points - does a little dance in front the screen.

Well it doesn't happen every day to us. In April

Date: 12 April, 2019 16:10

AGod mentioned in an earlier post how momentum was important and how, a good bowling performance might lead to a good batting innings.
It would seem that a certain Mr Gregory was listening.

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 16:24

Broad being treated with complete, total and utter disdain having gone into his mindless "England enforcer," mode (which never works for England either!).

Great to see!! Great knock from LG.

Date: 12 April, 2019 16:26

400 up. What a fab day.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 16:27

Josh Davey taking on Broad and winning 28 off 27 while Lewis stomps on with 50 off 49. Great I can stream this though nothing else is getting done and I'm blaming 'jet lag'.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 16:27

Simply wonderful day for George Bartlett. I have always felt he had plenty of potential and he has now turned it into reality. Am sure he will be chuffed as old boots tonight.

Also thrilled for Tom and Lewis. CJ-M made reference to last seasons doubters re the latter and I admit that (pre new contract signature), I was one of them, so I’m very happy to eat humble pie.

Not sure how the top order is going to work out, but it’s tremendous to see such middle order perform so well.

Grizzzly

Date: 12 April, 2019 16:30

It's now looking as if we shall probably bowl a few overs this evening - a few wickets would put a huge smile on my face.

Date: 12 April, 2019 16:32

Quote:
AGod
It is well known (or at least widely believed - I suspect that there may be no statistical back up for this) that it seems that, when an all-rounder goes well in one suit in a given match, it often boosts the other suit. Didn't work for LG in game one, but I have the feeling that - if we are to get up, around, and preferably past the Notts total, we shall need some good runs from LG today so it is to be hoped that this idea will be in effect

Well called and another bonus point

Posted by: geordie moonraker (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 17:14

And 2 down for Jack B
Splendid

Posted by: Scrumper (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2019 17:15

Great stuff 16-2!

Anyone else having trouble with the stream sound?

Date: 12 April, 2019 17:15

Ruddy marvellous day

Current Page: 5 of 10
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net