Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: The final 50 over Final at Lords
Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 07:19

Morning everyone. Anything happening today? Cloudy here in London

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 07:30

Apparently there's some cricket match happening at Thomas's ground. Could be worth going, I suppose.

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 07:52

In that case, I'll pop over... Living just outside Reading, and five minutes walk from the station, I had no need for an early start - just enjoying a coffee before the 9.19 train into Paddington. See (some of) you in the Edrich Upper, those at home (or Bermuda) I hope you have an equally enjoyable day.

Hants01: I share some of your annoyance that Hants are shorn stupidly of some of their best players, but am sure it'll be a good game nevertheless - wish I had your certainty of the result though.

Posted by: cricketharris (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 08:22

And as for radio commentary Radio 5 have a World Cup warm-up game of England and Australia and Talksport, a womans football international and then Newport County v Tranmere Rovers! Radio Somerset have no coverage. No mention at all about our cup final on the news. Cricket, including the World Cup, is being ignored by the main media. They must be keeping powder dry for the 100.

Posted by: Hants01 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 08:54

Somerset are not odds-on with most or all bookmakers- which they never were when Hants won their s/final. This reflects Hants being shorn of key players today. Somerset were trounced in their own backyard when Hants played without Vince, but now we have no Dawson and no overseas player, as well as no Vince. You need your big players for big games. It is a measure of Hants' trophy-winning in recent years, that we lose two players to the World Cup squad. Somerset, not a single one.

Posted by: Tumbles (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 09:37

Could Sky be less interested in this? More bothered with a warm up ODI

Posted by: hantssabre (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 09:40

Both are on Sky on different channels so not sure what the problem is?

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 09:46

I switch the TV on and the first comment from Butcher is 'the nearly men'. Oh dear.

Pete Trego very special dealing with the SKY guys. Now the 'Tatooed Tonker'.

Patronising sods. 'How good can Craig Overton still be?' ('he had a "go" with England' did he?). I do hope we make them chew their flaming words

I predict they will follow Hants01's argument should that happen. We'll be 'predictable chokers' if we lose and lucky not to face Vince if we win....... yawn.

Unchanged.

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 09:50 by Grockle.

Date: 25 May, 2019 09:47

Oh and now talking about England. Shameful.

Date: 25 May, 2019 09:48

Quote:
hantssabre
Both are on Sky on different channels so not sure what the problem is?

Then talk about England on the OTHER channel not on the build up to the RLC

Date: 25 May, 2019 09:52

This is just laughable now

Date: 25 May, 2019 09:55

Unfortunately the Sky commentators left to cover the RLC aren’t on the commentator panel for the WC so probably think they have to get their two pennyworth in about the WC too!

Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 09:56

Quote:
Grizzzly

Where are you based Bagpuss ? I set off from just outside Cullompton at 4.45 a.m..

Left home at 5.55 to get the 0619 from Honiton to Waterloo. Good turnout in the train from Somerset supporters (it was standing room only by the time we crossed the border into Hampshire!). But from Waterloo to Lord's goes past Somerset House. An omen?

Posted by: Nailsea_Fizz (IP Logged)

Quote:
Hants01
Somerset are not odds-on with most or all bookmakers- which they never were when Hants won their s/final. This reflects Hants being shorn of key players today. Somerset were trounced in their own backyard when Hants played without Vince, but now we have no Dawson and no overseas player, as well as no Vince. You need your big players for big games. It is a measure of Hants' trophy-winning in recent years, that we lose two players to the World Cup squad. Somerset, not a single one.

Boo boo to the troll

Just seems hugely disrespectful to Hants, Somerset and the Royal London. Mind you as someone says they’re probably lining up for the 100

Date: 25 May, 2019 10:02

Hampshire have a long tail so need to get early wickets

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 10:12

Yesss from the Grandstand

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 10:13

Got one. Although I think the statement should rather be that it would be advantageous to get early wickets, rather than that we must do... if they had a strong lower-order then getting at them early might be in the ‘must do,’ category.

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 10:13

Absurd, if true, that no commentary on BBC Somerset.

Date: 25 May, 2019 10:29

That was a fortunate second chance for Hildreth!

Current Page: 4 of 12
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net