Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: The final 50 over Final at Lords
Posted by: Annunziata (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 10:37

The place is less than half full,oh for those Lords finals of years gone by.They are virtually giving tickets away outside,very sad.

Re: 'The Nearly Men' Lord's Final
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 11:06

A beautiful spell by Davey, good opening from Cove, Excellent opening over from Lewis and the partnership to break at the crease.

Hants01 - if you are bitter about the ICC's work on your side then we agree with you but stay away if you want to come here and vent your frustration on the side you are playing as if we are pretenders to your supposed throne.

WE are at this final on MERIT. Lord's is NOT Taunton and we deserve to be there playing your side. The win you had was LAST year... not last week. You want it? Come and take it, you don't get it by right of playing in Southampton, having players who might get an england spot and winning it in 2018.

Wnat to win it? THEN EARN IT. Put up or please, please, please, shut up.

(Sm72)

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 11:10

Yes, Grockle, this very much the tandem to separate.

Re: The final 50 over Final at Lords
Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 11:17

Quote:
Clarence Parker
It seems an eternity since I first went to Lord's for a one - day Final in 1967; wish I could still do it but I will be seated around the TV nevertheless.
I too was at the 1967 final, with my Dad - according to several schoolmates I appeared on TV in a crowd shot. I also attended the 1978 final, after which I decided they were probably better off without my support in person on these occasions.
In fact I claim double credit for the 1979 win, as not only did I stay away from Lord's but commented to Keith Jennings in Wivey Rugby club house in March or so, "You're going to have to win one this year Keith", to which he replied "You're right there mate". I'm sure it helped.

Date: 25 May, 2019 11:19

Huge wicket as RR chops Jamie on.

Second chop on already. Makes me wonder, a little, if possibility of track being a little two-paced.

Date: 25 May, 2019 11:26

They are commenting on Jamie bowling at speeds between 80 and 89 miles an hour - he can vary pace well but that is a big difference. Makes it hard for batsmen.

(Sm72)

Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 11:33

Hants01, I and I'm sure all contributors here sympathise with your frustration at the final's poor timing and the ICC's ludicrous ruling. We would all rather see both teams at full strength and a cup final worthy of the name, rather than the alternatives of (from a Somerset viewpoint) a tarnished victory or an embarrassing defeat (either of which is most certainly the way the media will present it).

However your gratuitous attacks on the Somerset team, who are not responsible for the ICC ruling, are misplaced in any context, and really rather foolhardy here.

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 11:39

Bowler speed on scoreboard every ball eg Jamie 85.6 mph

Date: 25 May, 2019 11:48

As I mentioned on the report, Bumble is reporting that Jamie 'had' some pace. Seems he doesn't have now?

(Sm72)

Date: 25 May, 2019 11:53

83.5 quite a lot, at the mo

Sorry, popped out and twins have been switched. Ignore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 11:55 by AGod.

Date: 25 May, 2019 12:18

Anyone for a wicket maiden in the 34th?

(Sm72)

Date: 25 May, 2019 12:37

Oh Mr Overton this is sooooooo good and on TV no less.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 12:47

Tom's speed 80 mph

Date: 25 May, 2019 12:58

Yep, good speeds from Tom.

Date: 25 May, 2019 13:03

And it seems that Hampshire's speed man is a bit quick at 85 according to Bumble while Jamie at over that used to have pace. How does that work David?

(Sm72)

Date: 25 May, 2019 13:12

Do we know if Lewis will be fit to bat?

Posted by: Annunziata (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 13:13

Off to Harry Morgans for a salt beef sarnie,only a tenner,marvellous.

Posted by: Hayseed (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 13:17

I'm in the Upper Edrich stand, if Agod is here too, would he like to start a Mexican wave with me?

Hayseed

Posted by: Flyboy (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 13:19

I'm there too, but count me out!

Date: 25 May, 2019 13:23

Great piece of work from Tom B at the end there.

The Hants optimist would say their late flurry has given them a shot.

I say that all it does is show that’, even if we get into trouble at the top of our order, this track is comfortable for lower order players, should they need to make runs.

Current Page: 5 of 12
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net