Current Page: 1 of 2
England Lions in Australia
Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 23:40

Lewis Gregory captaining an England Lions side that is approximately 27% Somerset as Tom Abell and Craig Overton are in the team playing the first match of the Lions tour, a 50 over game against a Cricket Australia XI.

Overton, opening the bowling, takes a wicket with the fourth ball of the match. Good start.

Re: England Lions in Australia
Posted by: hantssabre (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 07:49

A good win in the end too!

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 08:47

Well, our trio didn't really have the best of games, but good runs for Hain, Evans and Lawrence (didn't realise he was much of a bowler,but he bowled his 10 with good figures). With Lawrence and Crane the only two to bowl all ten, and Lewis not bringing Abell on, I'm guessing it was a bit of a turner.

Date: 04 February, 2020 09:48

Lions beat a Cricket Australia XI by four wickets yesterday. Cove 1-38 off 8.4 and 11 not out off 27 balls. Gregory captained, scored 15 off 23 but didn't bowl; Abell played but didn't bat or bowl, according to BBC scorecard. Odd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2020 09:50 by Shepton Paul 2.

Posted by: wsm fan (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2020 18:07

Tom suspected dislocated finger whilst fielding.
Hence didnt bat.
Given only there for white ball leg & only 3 more matches left in very quick time very likely end of tour for Tom you would guess.

Another solid Lions win.

Date: 04 February, 2020 18:38

Thanks wsm - if it is only dislocated, Tom may still get back.

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 10:40

Look who got the highest score and had the best bowling figures:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

LoL

Seventy-one Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Date: 11 February, 2020 11:15

What do you mean, Mason Crane!

Posted by: cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 17:53

Mason Crane took the most wickets as Lewis Gregory was a wise enough captain to give him a long bowl to settle in, rather than slip him out of the attack after some early stick.

Everyone is talking about Jos Buttler as the natural eventual successor to Eoin Morgan, but I wonder if our Lewis could be in the frame by then.

Date: 14 February, 2020 23:21

Lewis Gregory captains an England Lions team that includes Dom Bess and Lewis Gregory in a four day match against a Cricket Australia XI in Hobart.

CA XI have won the toss and have put the Lions on to bat. Match due to start at 11.30pm GMT.

Date: 14 February, 2020 23:32

Also includes Craig Overton!
Overvast cloudy 17c forecast for today, good practice for April that!

Date: 15 February, 2020 04:00

Aye wsm that was a late night post because my brain said Cove whilst the digit typed Lewis (who is obviously playing if he's captain!)

The Australians may have thought their decision to put the Lions in was justified when they had them 4-1 in the 3rd over (recent Test debutant Zach Crawley the man out for 2) but there followed a 184 partnership between Dom Sibley and Keaton Jennings before Sibley was out for 103.

Date: 15 February, 2020 09:16

Finished the day 367-4. I'm guessing Baggy not up just yet...

Jennings 141 (Aussies must just be playing spinners!), Sibley 103 - those two put on 184 in 47 overs, they must've thought they were playing T20! Dom 8*, in at six I guess as nightwatchman, the only one of ours to get on the field.

Date: 15 February, 2020 10:17

Total confusion in the reporting of the England Lions match against Cricket Australia.

First it was said that Dom Sibley opened the innings with 103; now it has been changed to Sussex seamer Ollie Robinson. who I see came bottom of his county`s batting averages last year. And to add to the confusion, there is another Ollie Robinson in the Lions party - the Kent wicket-keeper/batsman. My money is still on Dom Sibley.

At least it seems clear that the other Dom, Somerset`s Bess, has cornered the role of night watchman - sent in to protect both Warwickshire`s Sam Hain and his skipper Lewis Gregory, even though the Lions were only four short of 350 at the time.

Date: 15 February, 2020 10:49

Not sure of your sources here.....

Sam Hain is not playing!
Bracey is 6 Lewis 7 but Dom came in at 6 as nightwatchman.
Sibley&Crawley opened.
Sibley Jennings & Lawrence all hit 100s.

Ollie Robinson is the Sussex seamer.
The other O Robinson is the kent keeper who is on the bench for this match along with Abell.

Date: 15 February, 2020 11:50

Is Abell still out there then? I thought he was only on the white ball leg?

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 12:03

Tom Abell and two others staying as cover for three batsmen departing for the Sri Lanka tour.

[www.somersetcountycc.co.uk]

Farmer

Date: 15 February, 2020 12:40

Can anyone else see my posts, or is it just me? !!!

Date: 15 February, 2020 13:46

My source is cricinfo, WSM fan. It has now changed back from Sussex`s Ollie Robinson to Dom Sibley, but has Sam Hain batting at No.10

Isn`t there a saying around at the moment - `you couldn`t make it up`? Someone is.

Date: 15 February, 2020 14:20

Thanks Farmer

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net