Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nil Desperandum - the shape of things to come
Posted by: sheffieldsabre (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2020 18:48

Glad to see that the present situation hasn't affected anyone's sense of humour. I hear just now that there will be no cricket until "at least" 28 May, but I doubt very much that it will restart soon after that.

Meanwhile I'll be working at home while also supervising the home schooling of the three ss jrs. The new Wisden should arrive soon, but what will there be to put in next year's? Answers on a postcard, or possibly on a post on the PQQ thread ...

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2020 09:50

Old railway tracks are such good walking routes, Rob. One goes past only a minute's walk from where we live. Can't pretend it's quite as scenic as the S & D mind you.

As I had an area of skin cancer on my nose last year (totally eradicated - the cancer that is) losing Bob's tan does seem to be the only possible advantage of not being able to get down to Taunton this year. Mike TA1 knows why my middle name is Stanley - a Somerset connection.

Equinox today. March 21st always used to be the first day of Spring, but that seems to have transferred to March 1st.

Posted by: Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2020 11:27

I am a bit late on this thread.

Good to hear from Rob, walking is good to keep fit.

My root to avoid people is the bypass from the bottom of Priory Bridge Road to the railway station area, I didn't pass one person yesterday on my walk until I got to Priory Bridge Road on my way back (it's impossible to avoid everybody).

Yes Bobs be grateful they didn't call you Mary!

Date: 21 March, 2020 14:35

Indeed, Mike. Bridg over troubled water.

Posted by: Sloop John B (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2020 17:19

When I first worked I used to send maternity packs to Mary Stanley Bobs . Perhaps I supplied the one that saw you into the world!!

Date: 22 March, 2020 07:55

If you did, Sloop, you must be approaching your century!

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 10:39

When Bobstan was born, I think it was storks who brought the babies.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Date: 22 March, 2020 14:05

77% Bobs !!

Date: 22 March, 2020 17:54

You probably didn't supply a maternity pack for me, Sloop, as you would only have been 2 years old.
Now that would be precocious.

Date: 23 March, 2020 08:53

That's me Bobs 😂

Posted by: rodders (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 16:12

Well gang still here me at the start of another season although who knows when ? High risk at my age but can only follow the advice and hope for the best. Glad that LoL is still posting and a few others but nothing from CP or big Jim - any info anyone - I get a bit out of touch living away although family still in Bath - stay well everyone !!

Posted by: Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 14:48

Bless you Rodders and thank you so much for even thinking about me.

I am, and have been for some time, self isolating. My health condition is somewhat complicated and I have , or have had, 6 or 7 of the factors which make self isolation imperative. Still I am sure that there must be many, many more worse affected than me so I don't seek sympathy. We must all soldier on but sadly without any cricket to either watch or follow for several months.

At this moment in time I can neither think about or dwell on the fortunes of our club and cricket in general at the moment.

I still keep in touch with one or two by way of PM's, thus being able to enjoy some friendly banter.

Very best wishes to everybody.

Clarence.

Posted by: rodders (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 16:14

Good to hear from you CP - us oldies must stick together !

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 17:50

Good to hear from Rodders and CP. I am of the same generation and wish all my contemparies excellent health, but the one thing the experts say we should NOT do is "stick together"!

And I would be very reassured to hear from old boy!

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2020 17:52 by Loyal of Lhasa.

Posted by: cricketharris (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 14:00

I have just read in the ‘paper, so it must be correct, that Root, Stokes and Buttler are likely to lose a quarter of their £1 million salaries and fees this year. I never realised they were paid that much.
Also Yorkshire CCC are considering getting taxpayers to pay their players 80% of their salaries under the governments scheme whilst they are at home keeping fit.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net