Current Page: 1 of 7
LOCKDOWN NON CRICKET AND NON POLITICS>
Posted by: RadstockRob (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 12:21

Just thought I'd start a thread so people can discuss how it's affecting you and tips and advice on getting through the days ahead.
I'll tell you what I've done since the announcment.

I've defrosted my freezer which was iced up. I had ran it down so there were only a couple of itms in there. I've cooked some veg and put it back into the freezer.

I steamed clean the inside and outside of my fridge freezer.

As a result of clearing the freezer I've defrosted some Haggis which I bought in January. That's foe yea tonight with carrots I've cooked from frozen and baby new potatoes which are just on use by date.

I hope it's ok to post on here Grockle. My intention is to keep it non political and non cricket. Plenty of places to discuss cricket.

What are you going to do to get through the next few months?

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Re: LOCKDOWN NON CRICKET AND NON POLITICS>
Posted by: Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 13:21

Good to hear from you Rob, it's good that you said “My intention is to keep it non political” there are some that can't do that, it has been quite good on this site, I can only remember one post that was political.

We have been told if it is possible go for a walk on your own, I found that the Taunton bypass starting at the bottom of Priory Bridge Road is a good route, I have walked along it twice (not all the way) and haven't passed one person yet.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 16:00

No problem at all Rob. It's effectively 'off season' and we've always had non cricket themes then.

Whatever gets you through isolation people

(Sm72)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2020 20:49 by Grockle.

Posted by: hantssabre (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 19:06

Make sure you keep the bagpiper outside Rob before you have the haggis! Enjoy

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 19:45

Are bad coronavirus jokes allowed here?

Some scientists claim it might be a pundemic

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 19:52

Nice Matt cartoon in the Torygraph showing an official with a loud hailer and the caption: Any person wandering must be lonely as a cloud. Daffodils, where essential, may gather in a host.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 20:50

William would be impressed

(Sm72)

Posted by: Angell Face (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 21:50

I've just finished a pile of ironing which shows you how exciting my life has become and it's not time for bed yet. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Date: 24 March, 2020 22:14

... and I hung my washing in the garden for the first time this year and it all dried within two or three hours. The ironing comes tomorrow. I find I am never short of things to do, not least because of the huge pile of books that awaits me. One rule I have maintained with only minor lapses since I retired is "No Daytime Television" - that's for when I'm really old.

LoL

Posted by: Scrumper (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 22:15

You can do my ironing if you like.

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 22:33

I'm stockpiling my ironing.

Farmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2020 22:35 by Farmer White.

Posted by: RadstockRob (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 05:58

Good morning all. The sun is shining.

frost in Radstock.

Sneeking out before the nosey neighbours get up.

Going for a short walk while it's quiet.

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Posted by: sheffieldsabre (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 07:52

Frosty here in Wiveliscombe too. Just gearing up for another day of working at home while simultaneously supervising the education of three kids. But I'm staying completely sane over it, obviously, as I explained just now to a potted plant.

Thank goodness for the online world :-)

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 08:03

I laughed out loud at that, ss. I assume by the way that that's Wiveliscombe near Sheffield.

Date: 25 March, 2020 10:54

.... as long as you don't start talking to the triffids...

Today's ironing is done but there's another lot out on the washing line now.

LoL

Posted by: Des Platt (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 19:32

Some good stuff above. I’m running out of reasons not to tidy the house

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 21:55

Went outside our front door on the dot of 8 to clap. Could hear huge applause and cheering from large swathes of the housing around and about and from some considerable distance. As someone on local social media said, "The estate really rocked it tonight." I have two family members who work for the NHS. I have been in touch to let them know, and of similar experiences reported to me by two other family members in other towns in different parts of the country. Those who work for the NHS found the experience very moving, and greatly valued the expression of support. There will probably be many on this estate who work in the NHS, and in the homes around where most of us live. If the exercise is repeated, can I encourage everyone who can to open their door and clap like they have never clapped before.

Farmer

Date: 26 March, 2020 22:18

We had a similar experience in our South London residential road, where well over half the houses opened their doors. The noise was tremendous and very moving and I hope there were some NHS workers around to recognise how much we admire and respect them. Most inspiring was the widow next door, whose fifty year old son, whom we had known since he was six, died earlier this week after a long illness, much of it spent in the care of the NHS; she led the cheering in our part of the road and we could not fail to admire her courage. I hope this will become a weekly event until this dreadful illness is banished.

LoL

Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 22:50

(Content deleted at thread originator's request).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/03/2020 07:23 by mikeindex.

Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 23:28

Tremendous to see (online) the respect shown for all of the health workers this evening.

Grizzers

Current Page: 1 of 7
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net