Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: FAKE 2020 CC1 v Notts @Trent Bridge
Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2020 21:00

Are you sure this is fantasy cricket Grockle? Or is that just a fantasy? It all seemed very real Somerset to me.

And WG was proved right. Always bat first if you win the toss. Never doubted it. A very relaxing afternoon.

Farmer

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2020 21:27

I have to admit, as I was running through the last session, I expected this to be a loss in quite 'Somersetian' circumstances.

I've been at games like this where we have run through the front end of a batting line-up only to be held up with the victory in sight by someone without a pedigree with a bat for hours if not completely.

I seem to remember a man called Breeze doing this to us at Taunton.

So it was quite satisfying in a fantasy way to see us get home and I could quite imagine Lewis taking the C&B in the manner or Michael Vaughan in a certain 2005 Ashes Test after Kasporwitz failed almost as close to the win

(Sm72)

Date: 15 April, 2020 09:42

We would now be off the CC1 wagon train until 14 May but we can push the parallel universe along a little.

Craig Overton will be out for the next game (his performance in this game was dubious I thought it was a little unusual). So we need to have at least one change.

I'll make a decision about when to play this one (probably start it at the end of the weekend) and come back with questions about who to bring in.

I have no plans to run the one day series at the moment because if we get cricket this year it will probably be that (T20 probably) but I thought I'd hold that until we knew a bit more.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2020 13:51

Groin injury?

Who is next up, Surrey at home, was that the one rain spoilt play?

Date: 15 April, 2020 14:41

It is scheduled for 14 May so I'm not sure - Farmer?

(Sm72)

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 15 April, 2020 15:33

Surrey. Rained ruined the last day last year as SLLL says. The match was very evenly balanced at the end of the third day. It had looked pretty daunting at the start of the season to have Surrey third and fifth up. It didn't turn out that way.

Farmer.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net