Current Page: 1 of 2
FAKE 2020 CC1 On to the Oval Surrey (A)
Posted by: Grockles.com (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2020 15:40

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2020 15:24 by Grockle.

FAKE 2020 CC1 Surrey @ the Oval
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2020 11:37

Next in the parallel universe is the return fixture to London to see if we can go one better against the Brownhats than the Taunton game.

Tom Banton is available again but still no Ali or Carberry. Full quota of bowlers who have represented in the CC1 this season

So.….. squad suggestions? This match was scheduled for June 2 but I plan to play it next week as I now have a little more time during the day as a number of my school classes are now on study leave for external exams that will not happen.

Oh Yorkshire won their game in hand and are now top of the CC1 with 84 points (against our 77).

Middlesex won the RLOD Cup beating Leicestershire in the Final. Somerset didn't get out of the League stage!!

(Sm72)

Re: FAKE 2020 CC1 Surrey @ the Oval
Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2020 11:42

I was wondering whether Tom is available, which will make the selection very interesting.

Do you have the playing conditions yet, we don't have to go to Guildford then?

Posted by: Clarence Parker (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2020 12:01

I have followed "the parallel universe" games on here with interest and amusement; I still have no idea as to how the whole thing is operated and wouldn't dream of speculating on team selection etc.

But on a day when we should have been welcoming back the 'Glorious Glosters' to Division 1 at Neville Road, it is good to have something fanciful to follow, so well done.

There is no harm in that.

Date: 02 May, 2020 15:31

Thanks Clarence.

I think the shame of doing this is that the game I use updated before the fixture list for 2020 and so it holds data on players up to the end of 2019 but doesn't allow me to.play the 2020 fixture list and therefore run CC1 Somerset v Gloucs games

Maybe I'll investigate the one off optIons and see what is possible or the company will bring out the update before the end of this mess.

But we go with what we have.

(Sm72)

Date: 02 May, 2020 20:52

Nothing tells me the game is at Guildford so I'm assuming the Oval.

The conditions are below. I don't see their team until we've picked ours (not surprising really though I doubt there will be many changes, it wasn't that long ago

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/59/59_0_1588448940.jpg

(Sm72)

Date: 02 May, 2020 20:55

So

Are there any batting changes? If Tom Banton is to come in, who moves aside for him? and where do you put him?

Are we going with the same bowling line - up and if not then who comes in and who makes way?

I'm planning to play this game from Monday or Tuesday

(Sm72)

Date: 02 May, 2020 21:42

On account of the average pitch wear, maybe Bess should come back? And possibly squeeze in Davey (for Jove?)

If making all these changes, I would leave the batting line-up. And deploy Banton later e.g. against Essex away

Date: 02 May, 2020 22:03

Tom's present form level is 1 star out of 5 so I've put him in for batting practice. It might be worth giving him a bit of time.

(Sm72)

Date: 02 May, 2020 22:06

So we go with one of a number of variations. I'm assuming there is no doubt that Jack L and Craig O play? It's the variation on the other 2 from 4?

(Sm72)

Date: 03 May, 2020 21:30

So, we seem to be working with no changes in the batting lineup or set up after George's century at Taunton last week

So
Abell
Byrom
Bartlett
Hildreth
Kervezee
Davies
Gregory

with a change in the bowling to bring in an extra spin option and a seam variation for the Oval
Bess
Overton C
Davey
Leach

That is the side we are going into the next one with tomorrow morning.

Any comments?

(Sm72)

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2020 12:25

I'm happy with that XI.

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2020 12:55

I think that is you, me and SLLL each with 50 pence worth of selectorial reputation on the line then SP. Just to be clear, my 50 pence piece is a virtual one. I can't risk another real one going down the drain.

Farmer.

Date: 04 May, 2020 13:15

If I can get this game going this afternoon I will - working half in UK time and half on Bermuda time. Presently 9:13 in the morning in my office but 1pm ish in the rest of the house.

Parallel universe time, It's about 10 in the morning on June the 2nd!!

(Sm72)

Date: 04 May, 2020 14:36

I don't have any lucky momentos for the cricket, although my Somerset sunhat of the 1970's didn't do too badly. Hopefully we're almost past any relegation worries, so this won't become Sir Alan's boardroom at the end. Unless I've just done an almighty jinx on the computer game. Somehow, Grockle has managed to stay out of the decision making process which seems to be quite a clever move if we mess up...

Date: 04 May, 2020 14:46

I thought so.....

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/59/59_0_1588599844.jpg

Well we went for a coin toss and lost so we are bowling first

Let the game commence

(Sm72)

Re: FAKE 2020 CC1 On to the Oval Surrey (A)
Date: 04 May, 2020 15:45

What does the green symbol mean for Eddie Byrom?

Date: 04 May, 2020 21:47

Well Josh has a decent first innings with 3 for 70 and Somerset have Surrey at 76 for 4 at Lunch and 112 for 6 just afterwards.

But Dean Elgar (118) and Sam Curran (97) pulled the game back and the home side ended up making 296.

Then Morkel hits us on the rebound and we are 10 for 3 just before the end of the day. Kervezee calms it down but 36 for 3 at the end of Day 1 is probably not a position Somerset feel confident in chasing another 260 for a par first innings.

(Sm72)

Date: 05 May, 2020 17:32

Not one but 2 Somerset centuries on Day 2. Alexei Kervezee first (105) and then James Hildreth with 114 taking the county in at Tea with 267 for the loss of 4 wickets and Steve Davies with 19 to his name. Surrey 28 ahead and slightly nervous for the last session of the day.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2020 17:48

Somerset 10 for 3 recovering to 267 for 4? Grockle, you are going to struggle to persuade me this is not actually happening. Especially if we are all out for 299.

Farmer

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net