Current Page: 1 of 2
FAKE 2020 CC1 Notts The Return
Posted by: Grockles.com (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2020 13:22

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2020 12:04 by Grockle.

FAKE 2020 Notts CC1 @ Taunton
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2020 16:02

And on we go to the Notts return game.

The present position in Fantasy Championship is wonderfully this

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/59/59_0_1591282724.jpg

JAMIE OVERTON is fit again

Unfortunately....

JACK LEACH is out for FOUR weeks!!

Time for others to step up and the pressure on Dom Bess is going to be significant.

(Sm72)

Re: FAKE 2020 Notts CC1 @ Taunton
Date: 04 June, 2020 16:09

For "selectors"

Here are the conditions for the game

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/59/59_0_1591283268.jpg

(Sm72)

Date: 04 June, 2020 16:14

The twin spin question is no longer an issue. Dom MUST play

1 Ali
2 Byrom? Carberry?
3 Bartlett
4 Hildreth
5 Abell
6 Davies
7. Gregory? Banton?
8. Bess
9. COve
10 JOve? Brooks
11 Brooks? Davey?

(Sm72)

Posted by: nelliec (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2020 16:32

Table looks all too familiar just like the same time last year..Can’t really mess around with the top 6..Might rest Cove for Joce and bring Gregory back for Brookes

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2020 18:41

Notts are doing a lot better than I expected and not to be taken lightly.

Leach out for 4 weeks is a massive blow, he's probably taken about 6 wickets a game. Presumably it means for the next 4 matches and we can't just have a quick 50 over competition to reconvene this in July. Only joking.

Given all this, I suggest Byrom has earned a place so no Banton. Computer may say Hildreth is not available sooner or later. The top 6 would be the same as the last match.

Our strongest bowlers are Gregory and Brooks, as you say Bess is in.

Is Van der Merwe available? If not the other two would be Cove and Jove

Date: 04 June, 2020 19:46

I assume VdM is in the squad so he is available.

(Sm72)

Date: 04 June, 2020 20:57

In that case I would rest Cove. We did actually play VdM and Bess together (without Leach) a few times last summer.

Ali, Byrom, Bartlett, Hildreth, Abell, Davies, Gregory, Bess, VdM, Jove, Brooks - what do you think?

Date: 04 June, 2020 22:55

Didn’t read about Leach injury.
In that case Gregory ,Van Der Merwe,Bess ,Jove and Cove.
Unless you use Azhar as the second spinner and play Brooks

Date: 04 June, 2020 22:57

Can’t remember Jove batting at 11 befote

Date: 05 June, 2020 10:17

Interesting how the 2 spin option has become the go to option in Fantasyland when we would probably expect it to be much more of a debate in a real life 2020 season if it were happening.

Would we have expected Don to play 7 out of 8 CC1 games this summer had the season gone ahead?

(Sm72)

Date: 05 June, 2020 10:24

OK. Well tomorrow I'm planning to go with this side unless there is major disagreement

1. Ali
2. Byrom
3. Bartlett
4. Hildreth
5. Abell
6. Davies
7. Gregory
8. RvdM
9. Bess
10. Brooks
11. Overton J

Let me know your comments please.

(Sm72)

Date: 05 June, 2020 11:12

I'm suggesting 2 spinners here because:

There is no Leach, who must have taken almost 50 wickets. Expecting Bess and VdM to take his share for this match, so effectively a bowler down. Could start off a big argument here, but let's see.

The bounce rating for this game is perfect, which means to me favours the batsmen against the fast/medium bowlers. We haven't seen a perfect rating very often. Spin might be the way to go in the final innings

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2020 13:38

I think two spinners is right, I usually do, especially with one turning it each way as we have had virtually all summer not allowing the batsmen to settle, and it is possible because of Abell's effectiveness as a fourth seamer.

The batting looks right too, right and left handed at the top and another left-hander lower down.

I would bat Jamie Overton above Brooks if this were the side, although I would probably play Davey ahead of Brooks because he is more consistent and I am not sure with three main seamers we would want both Jamie and Brooks in the side as both can leak runs on occasion.

Cricket settling on 11 players a side was a stroke of genius, inadvertent or otherwise. Always a batsman or a bowler short, although Somerset's string of bowling all rounders mitigates against that, and always a fielder short, hence the demise of third man I imagine in these days of more attacking fields. In the balance of the side context Gregory is priceless, the Overtons being equally brilliant at slip or on the boundary are a real boon in balancing the field.

Farmer

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2020 17:04

My real-world default would always be two spinners; then look for very good reasons not to play one of them...eg first three days of a match rained off, extraordinarily green pitch, etc..

I'm happy with your XI Grockle.

Date: 05 June, 2020 20:16

I have to say in real life I would opt for Davey over Brooks on the consistency footing but Jack has done well here.

Is it an issue Brooks v Davey?

(Sm72)

Date: 06 June, 2020 12:40

OK we'll go with that side. Again we'll bat if there is a toss

(Sm72)

Date: 06 June, 2020 13:24

We lost the toss and will bowl first

The Notts side is
Slater, Mullaney, Patel, Clarke, Moores, Coughlin, Wood, Pattinson, Broad, Fletcher, Ball

(Sm72)

Date: 06 June, 2020 23:46

Sorry. Did not get it started today but the gteat thing sbout fanyasy is that it can start tomorrow instead. It would have been 7th of July last year I do believe.

(Sm72)

Re: FAKE 2020 CC1 Notts The Return
Date: 07 June, 2020 13:27

Notts go in for lunch 130 for 6 after a very poor front end performance and some good Somerset bowling especially from Lewis Gregory back after his rest.

(Sm72)

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net