Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: FAKE2020 CC1The Big One? Yorkshire @ Headingley
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 18:05

A couple of heart in mouth moments with Lewis going for 1 and then Dom Bess following him for the same score.

But Steve Davies stands and delivers with 91 and the partnership of RvdM

Somerset win by 3 wickets with 45 minutes to go. We are on top and away by about 40 points!!

Games win Championships I've been told. You have to beat the others to get the silver. We seem to be doing that.

Place for Tom Banton? It'll have to be up front somewhere I think.

(Sm72)

Posted by: nelliec (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 18:15

Great win and a superb effort by Davies.If Banton does get a run out then Ali maybe looking over his shoulder

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 18:49

Never in doubt! Thank goodness it didn't rain ...

The first match to go against the 2019 results.

Farmer

Date: 18 June, 2020 19:42

I did not think we could hold out against the Yorkshire spin. The machine was using every aspect of its spin attack , changing ends, variation, alternation and then just trying to hammer away at the batsmen.

Some commendable scores that didn't fully get there. BUT there was a need for someone to take that 40 odd to 100-ish and Davies did that.

Good work by the spinners in the second innings as well to keep the score manageable

(Sm72)

Date: 18 June, 2020 19:52

Somerset on 193 points after 10 games. Yorkshire are on 165 points after 10 games Essex are on 135 points after 10 games

AND
.... Bangladesh won the World Cup beating Pakistan in the Final!!

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/06/2020 19:57 by Grockle.

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 09:39

We're getting somewhere, great to see Hildreth and Davies back in the runs. Not dropping them methinks.

Need to get over the line though, how many points is the target? 245+ would be 2 wins and a draw. Not losing to Yorkshire at Taunton really important. And Kyle Abbott. Can Essex catch us? We've seen that before, but surely too late now

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 09:44

I think you said earlier Azhar would be leaving us before the end of the season and Vijay is coming. Any more info available on this? That may be the route back for Banton

Date: 19 June, 2020 12:15

I have nothing at the moment except of course that the Championship only version I am playing has moved us into August so Leachy is available again for our next game against Warwickshire.

I think that also means that Bsnton, Abell and Byrom have had that white ball summer we all experienced and should be taken as more consummate players.

Also.... the 2020 version of the game has just arrived so we may have to do 2020 twice to see if we would do as well with the updated 2020 squad once this fantasy version is done.

"Endless" fun.

I can even run a fantasy version of the 💯!!

(Sm72)

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 12:30

Just a another note of thanks Grockle for taking the time and making the effort to persist with this. Fantasy it is, but fun it is too.

Farmer

Date: 19 June, 2020 12:45

Had we sort of stumbled about in mid table I'm not so sure I would have persisted but either a top of the table or relegation chase makes it interesting.

There are aspects of the engine that I am starting to become aware of now.

Batsmen are very threatened at the end of sessions. Doubly so if they are near a milestone.

Keepers give away a lot of boundary size leg byes

There seems to be an unusual number of caught and bowled decisions

It doesn't rain much

Other than that it seems to operate along expected lines with little aspects of games changing the outcomes, as with things like Steve Davies' form or George Bartlett taking to the number 3 spot.

One interesting thing that comes from a George Dobell article during this present season of heightened awareness is that it seems we signed the only (or one of only 2) black state educated county cricketers in the professional game at the start of the season - I feel glad that the only reason for this was Mike Carberry's extensive record as a cricketer and no other consideration at all.

I was totally unaware of this fact until I read the Cricinfo article later. It sill stuns me that this absence of 'home grown' black players is the case - though on reflection it doesn't surprise me. State education does very little to promote cricket at the best of times.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 11:25

Out of interest, if Carberry is one, who is the other?

I've mixed feelings about us winning the Fantasy CC, but thanks to Grockle for all the effort you're putting in.

Date: 20 June, 2020 15:03

I'm not sure whether they were referring to Mike or not. Thst's why I said 2. Is MC still signed to soneone? Not sure if he retired at the end of 2019

(Sm72)

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net