Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: FAKE 2020 CC1 @Warwickshire Grin and Bear it?
Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 13:29

Not sure that Patel took any? And vdM 3? With the wonders of hindsight, we could have gone with 4 quicks there.

We need to continue with Banton, something tells me that he could become an England international one day. The likelihood is we won't see another average pitch next against Yorkshire, so need to be looking at resting a batsman

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 20:34

Are we in a situation where if we beat Yorkshire... we've won it? The 20 odd points there would leave Yorks on 170 odd and take us to 240 ish.... with 2 games to go.

Interesting.....

(Sm72)

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 20:51

By my reckoning, unless another team is close behind Yorkshire, and assuming both Yorkshire and Somerset each have three games left, Somerset need eight points more than Yorkshire in the next game to secure the title. A win would do it with some to spare. Now, that is some fantasy. Calm heads required.

Farmer

Date: 27 June, 2020 21:40

Hsmpshire are 30 ish points behind them.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 22:09

We will be very close to the title if we draw with Yorkshire, needing only a few more bonus points to make it safe. Objective number 1, not to lose to them.

There you go, we've all jinxed it now

Edited to remove jinx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2020 07:46 by Somerset LaLaLa.

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 23:08

SLLL,

We have all simply stated facts. No jinx there, although an edit to 'if we draw with Yorkshire' in your last post might be even safer. Not that I am superstitious. Perish the thought ...

Farmer

Date: 27 June, 2020 23:19

Well I've assumed the machine would put the mockers on it all from Game 8 but it hasn't happened and I assume it is working on the basis that statistically we have done better in the second half of a CC1 season than the first for most of the last decade.

Long may it continue.

I plan to run the Yorkshire game from Tuesday so any changes need sorting.

Presently I am assuming the bowling stays mostly the same though there may be a seam change or two?

The only batting conversation would be about a top 3 change perhaps and the nature of number 8.

(Sm72)

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net