August 1st
Posted by: Scrumper (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 16:07

Well it looks like we're going to get some cricket...

SCCC

Format(s) still to be decided, as for spectators who knows?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 09:56 by Grockle.

Re: August 1st
Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 17:24

All sorts of implications spring to mind.

Posted by: Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 17:40

Certainly will, Mike.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 21:41

Well there is going to be a limited press coverage. Not sure if the local press will get accreditation but the ECB are only accrediting 12 outlets for national coverage it seems. I would expect crowds to be severely limited simply because of the logistics and manpower a county would need for that. More likely to stream.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Scrumper (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 01:10

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 01:10 by Scrumper.

Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 03:22

Well said JR-M !

Grizzers

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 11:03

While in principle I am pleased that Ms Connor is to be MCC President, I cannot forget that she was part of the tripartite Axis of Evil that robbed Somerset of twelve points last year.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 16:20 by Loyal of Lhasa.

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 12:26

It would be interesting to know, if county cricket had been due to start on 1st July, and Leicestershire been due to play at home if the game would have been permitted to proceed. For example, Leicester's hotels have been required to remain closed for another two weeks and non-essential travel banned.

Farmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 12:29 by Farmer White.

Posted by: Railboy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 13:10

Oh my God, I have found something to agree with Jacob Rees Mogg on. Can i recover from this? where can i get help? Will my friends desert me? Will my family still love me? I'm an emotional mess here!

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 13:32

I doubt they'll expect supporters will be travelling Farmer. Getting players on the pitch maybe. 'Filling' the stands.... highly doubtful.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 16:23

You are a disgrace, Railboy, but so, alas, am I. If only the aforesaid would leave politics alone and just talk about cricket...

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Posted by: Sloop John B (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 20:21

Well said Lol!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net