Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FAKE 2020 CC1 Finishing in Style? Hampshire Away
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 16:23

A bit of ship steadying after the lunch interval. James and Tom add 77 to move the score to 173 at Tea. No more wickets gone Hildreth on 84 and Abell on 58. Better position at the end of the second session than the first.

Nothing doing for Dawson presently

(Sm72)

Date: 07 July, 2020 18:53

A Hildreth century exactly when a Hildreth century is needed. James stands solid against all comers on a day when his county needed him. Tom Abell provides 61 and is unlucky and Steve Davies adds 35 before stumps as the Hampshire fast men toil with little success. The day ends solid but started ropey.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 19:05

Didn't someone once say, "All's well that ends well"?

Farmer

Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 19:45

Presumably this match is, notionally, being played in September.
How could anyone have expected anything but a Hildreth century?

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 20:54

Farmer: The Hampshire version of the quotation is All's well that ends Ali.

Date: 07 July, 2020 21:49

Yep. This would have been 17 September and it is interesting that after a few supporting roles we see the man do his thing as he usually does when it is needed at the sharp end.

I thought the same thing, though I expected the machine to remove him in the 90's before the end of Day 1.

It tried I have to admit. but the umpire stepped up and gave him not out.

I've been going through the 2020 version and it has a couple of things at the start. One is that the only player not available is Tom Banton (was he IPL bound?)

The other thing is that Babar Azam seems to be our international was that also the case?

I've lost track of nearly everything I have to admit. I'm also starting to lose track of what is fantasy and what is not!!

I'll be surprised not to see Carberry in Somerset colours in August now.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Shepton Paul 2 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 11:17

I like the concept of a Teat interval. But shall refrain from any obvious gags... 😉

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 12:15

I assumed that there is an alcohol ban and that only milk is allowed.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Date: 08 July, 2020 13:33

Ho Ho

James Hildreth finally goes for 167 halfway through the first session. Steve Davies hits over 50 and Lewis is looking a half century square in the eye as he and Craig takes Somerset to 387 at lunch on Day 2. What batting collapses?

(Sm72)

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 13:42

Quote:
Grockle
I'm also starting to lose track of what is fantasy and what is not!!

That is because today Somerset are playing their September 2019 championship fixture against Hampshire at the Ageas Bowl, whilst the England v Windies first test is rain delayed at the same ground. The test was scheduled for the Kia Oval, June 2020. As you point out the Ageas was formerly known as the Rose Bowl, but also the Hampshire Bowl during the 2019 world cup. Anyway the location doesn't really matter now as spectators aren't allowed. It may be easier to call the ground 'Southampton', but apparently it's not even there.

I hope this is clearer for you

Date: 08 July, 2020 14:19

One thing that is not different is that I am sure no one in the fantasy world can understand why James Hokdreth has no international honours either

(Sm72)

Date: 08 July, 2020 16:11

A hundred for Lewis and a 50 for Craig as Somerset break the 500 barrier just before the Tea interval. Tom declares at 504 - just to make the point to Hampshire. There's not a lot of time to have a go so nothing happens before the break but Hampshire need 505 to make a game of this.

(Sm72)

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:57

The seamers need to get moving on this stretch because Dawson has shown there is little in it for spinners.

Well unless your name is Jack Leach!!

Needing 505 for a second innings from us, Jack takes out 4 for 18 and Hampshire finish the day on 82 for 6

IF we do not see a hundred from a couple of tail enders tomorrow and therefore Hampshire fall short of 356, I WILL enforce the follow on on your behalf and let them try and save this one.

(Sm72)

Date: 09 July, 2020 13:28

Jack Leach 5 for 31.

Barker and Wood refuse to go quietly and put on 75 but Hampshire fall 160 short of the follow on all out for 195.

Tom invites them to bat again after Lunch.

(Sm72)

Date: 09 July, 2020 16:58

Up until Tea Hampshire have a couple of decent partnerships. Alsop and Soames put together 48 before they both go around the same score. Then Vince and Rahane add 58 with little happening as the wicket seems to have flattened out.

106 for 2 at Tea on Day 3

(Sm72)

Date: 09 July, 2020 19:24

Well we go into Day 4 thanks to Hampshire's fighting spirit in the form of Rahane's 50 and 43 from Vince. BUT they have lost 4 wickets while that happened as Rossouw and Northeast get nowhere and Josh and Jack keep to the task

194 for 6 needing 116 for us to bat again and a whole day to survive or manufacture something better.

We have a driving seat perch going into another Day 4

(Sm72)

Date: 10 July, 2020 13:26

So.... if I was in Hamilton in September 2020 considering whether to come home to see the last match in the CC1 at Taunton, would I fly if Somerset were already the Champions coming into a home game against Essex on the back of an innings and 72 run victory over Hampshire would I come home? Yeah probably

115 behind, Dawson and Rahane hold out some hope but the Overton's put that to bed in the first hour and Jamie destroys Wood's wicket at 237 to finish the game and win by an innings and 72 runs.

Hampshire were gone in this match at the end of Day 1. That has happened so many times in this fantasy season. Somerset's consistency has been constant throughout this fictitious campaign and has been something we have complained about for decades.

Man of the Match James Hildreth for his 150 plus Lewis and Jack also contributed but the rest of the side supported in so many ways.

Somerset 257 points. Yorkshire (178 points) lost so they are gone as well. Notts may pass them as they have passed Essex into third on 173. Even if the ECB imposed the whole 24 points we would be the champions by a mile.

So Essex at home next week.

(Sm72)

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 13:42

The second match not to follow the actual results of 2019 and it feels nice that we have got decisively past Hampshire.

Now to the homecoming with presentation of the trophy by Tom Harrison.

My dream team for Essex is borrowed from the predictions of wsm Fan for 1st August in reality world:

Eddie Abell George Hildy Davies Green Lammonby RVDM Jamie Davey Brooks

Abell back as opener, no Azhar and no 3 spin option. vdM for me as I believe he took the final wicket against Yorkshire that made us champions.

Grockle - please confirm the availability of Green and Lammonby?

This will lead in nicely to the start of the season...

Date: 10 July, 2020 13:45

I was going more for a

Eddie, Tom B, George, James, Tom A, Steve, Lewis, Dom, Craig, Jamie, Jack myself

I think both Tom L and Ben G are available but I'll have a look

(Sm72)

Date: 10 July, 2020 13:56

Yep. Both available. Tom has no CC1 stats at all (it's the 2019 version) and Ben has an economy rate of 2.7 and a wicket every 17 balls (his record only registers 1 wicket(.

Other fantasy news.

Hampshire went on to win the Blast!.
They beat Worcestershire by 98 runs in the semi final. Liam Dawkins took 5 for 9 in 11 balls!!!!!

Hants 154 Worcs all out for 52 - what a disaster at Finals Day.

Lancashire won the other semi beating Warwickshire by 52 runs with Bailey taking 5 for 44

In the Final Hampshire scored 201 for 5 and then bowled Lancs out for 173. Jos got a fist ball duck opening!!

(Sm72)

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net