Re: Warrwickshire vs Somerset, Edgbaston BW Trophy
Posted by: RadstockRob (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 11:48

Thanks

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 11:49

It is a live feed. It isn't on Youtube until YOU watch it on Youtube. Then it is on YOUR Youtube so you have to watch it there first.

(Sm72)

Date: 15 August, 2020 11:55

Interesting comments from Anthony Gibson about Jamie leaving.

Commentary will hopefully be linked after lunch. Seems it ls for want of a 'longer lead'. As I posted somewhere else it is all a bit 'cobbled' together at some places.... though I'm sure SKY wouldn't have any problem at Edgbaston of course, it being a Test Match venue of course (TiC)

As Bagpuss tweeted earlier, there are 'livestreams' and then there are SOMERSET livestreams. Little comparison.

(Sm72)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2020 11:56 by Grockle.

Posted by: mikeindex (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 12:00

I don't think the Warw live stream is anything like as good as ours, but it's better than nothing.

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 12:03

Ridiculous bowling from Craig Overton.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Looking every inch - quality-wise - ready to take on the mantle of the GREAT Andrew Richard Caddick as Somerset's next England opening bowler.

Couldn't have been better. Far, far, far too good for county level batsmen on this form.

The rest were actually a little below-par, I thought (compared to their usual standards, I mean, rather than just compared to Craig).

But, in a way, that's good, since the oppo are not many for 5 with room for improvement from 3 of the 4 main bowlers after lunch!

Date: 15 August, 2020 12:09

As Mr Gibson commented, the case of Craig O might be the first time, in living memory, that an England coaching intervention has actually benefited a bowler and (at least temporarily) their county. Usually they are a disaster. But a bit more pace allied to everything he already had, and Craig looks tickety-boo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2020 12:09 by AGod.

Date: 15 August, 2020 12:21

He has found a quicker ball from somewhere and is too damn 'on the money' for the batsmen at the moment.

Good but of umph between Jamie and Lamb as well though I think JOve lost a bit of control for a while.

As Mikeindex says the Warks feed is a hell of a lot better than nothing but it is good that we get and therefore expect better

(Sm72)

Posted by: Wickham (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 12:45

I agree with AG about Cove - it is difficult to believe that there has been a better session by a pace bowler this season.
What did Anthony Gibson say about Jove's departure?

Date: 15 August, 2020 12:51

For those that are unaware, the Beeb commentary has now been added to the livestream.

Posted by: sfwithers (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 13:30

Normal service has been resumed – Somerset's seamers doing their sterling stuff. Though given the weather forecast it does appear chances of a result (either way) look slim. And Somerset's batsmen haven't exactly shone yet this season.

Come on!

Date: 15 August, 2020 13:30

He said that he desperately wanted to stay... no info as to why that failed to happen though.

(Sm72)

Date: 15 August, 2020 13:42

A good point that 2 shys at the stumps has resulted in 2 run outs. Not usual.

(Sm72)

Date: 15 August, 2020 13:51

Thanks, Grockle (re Jove). What a pity that his wish wasn't fulfilled.

Date: 15 August, 2020 13:54

Grockle - I think you caught only part of what Ant Gib said:

He said Jamie is desperate to NOT be sent to Surrey early (i.e. on loan).

Desperately wants to play out the season here and win the BWT.

He didn't say that Jamie desperately wanted to stay at SCCC permanently, though perhaps that is implied by the fact that Jamie, in no way, shape or form, wants to go to Surrey early if Mr Gibson is to be believed.

Tom Abell running through Warks now..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2020 13:56 by AGod.

Date: 15 August, 2020 14:11

Not what I heard AG... confused then by the 'but it wasn't to be' after it but I'm really not all that bothered by it any more as it is a done deal as they say. There was a later conversation about Adam Hose being effectively told he could go straight away.

Anthony did say again that they were interested in Jamie going as they wouldn't pay his wage.

(Sm72)

Date: 15 August, 2020 14:12

All out for 121. Now in the words of Richard Sharpe "Can you stand?"

(Sm72)

Re: Warwickshire vs Somerset, Edgbaston BW Trophy
Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 16:06

Amazing bowling performance. Cove is on fire this 'season'.

Can't bring myself to check the score again until close of play.....!

Grizzers

Posted by: Owain Glyndwr (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 19:07

Just seen the highlights from today's play, and you're all right, Craig was unplayable. Different class. World class.

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 15 August, 2020 21:08

Quite some day again. I have called my report "Oh, to be in Birmingham ..." with due acknowledgement to Robert Browning in the text. I quite hankered after my seat in the colossal expanse that is the Hollies Stand as the Warwickshire wickets fell and Eddie Byrom and Tom Lammonby produced their best opening partnership to date. A brilliant finishing burst from Tom Abell and the usual quiet effectiveness from Josh Davey. Impossible not to award the palm to Craig Overton though. Oh to be in Birmingham on such a day.

Here is the link to my First Day report:

[farmerwhite.co.uk]

Farmer

Date: 16 August, 2020 08:50

Great stuff, JCW. I hope that we can re-establish the symposium next year.

(Incidentally, there is a "Bantom" instead of a "Byrom" in the first paragraph of the Somerset reply.)

Current Page: 2 of 11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net