Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Warwickshire vs Somerset, Edgbaston BW Trophy
Posted by: Rod1883 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2020 17:22

6 runs that shouldn't have been in that last Jove over - 2 byes when imo no shot was played, and then 4 wides when the ball wasn't wide when it passed the batsman, and again no shot was offered so it shouldn't have been byes either.
Come on Somerset, another wicket now and they will fold I'm certain

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2020 17:33

To be fair, Rod, it was a very poor over.

Posted by: Angell Face (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2020 17:36

Unless they've changed the laws without telling me, whether or not the batsman is playing a shot is only relevant in the case of leg byes.

Posted by: Tumbles (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2020 17:40

Time for Tom to bowl a few overs

Posted by: Tumbles (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2020 17:40

Time for Tom to bowl a few overs

Date: 17 August, 2020 17:44

Ahhh - thanks for that AF. That's a piece of Cricket knowledge that I should have known, but didn't.
Yes, it was a poor over

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2020 17:44

The games in reality are looking similar to the fantasy games with big tail contributions to first innings Somerset scores and Steve Davies standing his ground.

That then followed by a very good bowling performance to clear out the opposition without having to bat again or score very few on the morning of Day 4

One ought to hope that the result at the end of the season was something along the same lines as well but that would be tempting fate of course.

Warks presently putting up something of a fight though so this game is not yet over - the weather was not a factor in the fantasy season to any great extent

(Sm72)

Date: 17 August, 2020 17:46

And as you say Tumbles - on comes Tom. Let's hope he does the same as he did in the first innings

(Sm72)

Date: 17 August, 2020 17:55

Two great balls from Lewis, then a wicket from a poor shot by Rhodes - the one we wanted.
But now they're off for a light shower. Hope we can get back on tonight as tomorrow doesn't look too good.

Posted by: sfwithers (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2020 18:03

Met office forecast tomorrow for Brum presently not too bad, and we did well today to get the amount of play we did. As I mentioned earlier, Met Office forecasts at the moment are very flexible. At the moment there's a 40% chance of rain at 1pm and that's about it. As I also said earlier, fingers crossed!

That could prove to be a very important wicket by Gregory. Here's hoping...

Date: 17 August, 2020 18:12

The live feed shows heavy rain now so unlikely to get back on I would have thought.
The latest BBC forecast for tomorrow doesn't look as bad as it did earlier. Hope the outfield isn't too wet for a prompt start tomorrow and the three or four wickets we need are quickly taken.

Date: 17 August, 2020 18:15

Highly unlikely they will be back on tonight.

(Sm72)

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 17 August, 2020 18:23

hmmm... six down overnight.

Let's hope we don't live to regret, rain-wise, batting on beyond the 400 mark... I rather think we should have declared as soon as the fifth batting bonus point was secured.... or, if not, the moment that Jamie was dismissed (at the rate Jamie was scoring, one could have justified another 25-30 minutes or his batting, on the basis it could allow you to set an even more attacking field than would otherwise have been the case.

I thought Josh Davey's bowling this afternoon was superb. Craig was very good again, but not much luck. Jamie had an absolutely tremendous over in the mix. Lewis, unsuprisingly, looks like he needs some bowling, but had a smattering of very good balls in amongst some looser stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/08/2020 18:30 by AGod.

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2020 04:29

There are times when you see things on a cricket field that you might see but once or twice in a decade or more. We saw one on the third day at Edgbaston. Truly remarkable. My record of it, and of what else passed, is in my Third Day Report: The Broadsword and the Rapier available via this link:

[farmerwhite.co.uk]

For ease of access the links to my reports on the first two days are added here:

First Day Report:

[farmerwhite.co.uk]

Second Day Report:

[farmerwhite.co.uk]

Farmer

Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2020 04:37

A nocturnal, original, atmospheric delight FW !

Grizzers

Posted by: Farmer White (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2020 04:41

Thank you Grizzzers.

Now I'm off to bed before I have to wake up before I go to sleep.

Farmer

Posted by: Sloop John B (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2020 08:48

Nice one Paul. Like the rapier and broadsword analogy!

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2020 12:21

I wasn't able to follow a single ball of yesterday's dominance over Yorkshire Reserves as I was on grandad duty all day but was delighted at what I read when I checked the score late at night. It all sounds a bit tougher this morning and we just have to hope the rain stays away for a sustained period.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Posted by: nelliec (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2020 12:25

Need a wicket soon .Starting to get a bit Nervy .Maybe Roelof could do the trick

Posted by: Scrumper (IP Logged)
Date: 18 August, 2020 12:40

Gregory strikes and it starts raining again. Good time to have lunch, looking at the rainfall radar there's quite a bit of rain moving over and then it's clear.

Current Page: 6 of 11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net