A Message to Ian Watmore
Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 16:16

[www.ecb.co.uk]

“ECB will want to hear from as many people as possible, not just in these Covid days, but throughout the next five years.”

I’ll start off with the obvious point – Scrap the Hundred and engage with existing cricket lovers

Re: A Message to Ian Watmore
Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 18:43

He has made the point that a board of 11 white men possibly doesn't really represent cricket in the UK as well. It probably doesn't even represent mainstream 'white' cricket to be honest.

(Sm72)

Posted by: cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 19:58

But it isn`t a board of 11 white MEN, Grockle.

The ECB board woman member, Delia Bushell, as posters saw on this site at the weekend, has just resigned as group chief executive of the Jockey Club, after an independent investigation upheld complaints against her of bullying, racial comments and circulating offensive material.

Just the sort of CV for a member of the current ECB board - or perhaps not.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2020 11:22

Sorry CJM... was following on from an article I'd just read... they didn't seem aware either. Yep the credentials seem in order though the article seemed more interested in the privately educated factor.

I think the 'not really representative' label can probably stay for the moment though?

(Sm72)

Posted by: Old Boy! (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2020 09:14

Simple message - scrap the One Hundred rubbish - and save a fortune which can be used for wiser investments. I think cricket needs the sacked jockey club woman official like a hole in the head!
Old Boy!

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2020 13:07

Like it needed the Supermarket Wally.

Posted by: hantssabre (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 11:14

ECB to cut 62 jobs. Hope Mr Harrison gives back his huge pay rise!

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Loyal of Lhasa (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 11:52

Cutting a hundred would be a nice symbolic gesture.

LoL

Seventy-two Seasons a Somerset Supporter

Posted by: Somerset LaLaLa (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 14:06

How much will the payout be cut to Somerset?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net