Live feed to members only
Posted by: RadstockRob (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 11:05

The club say it's not thier fault that there's live feed to members only.

Who's bright idea was this?

SOMERSET THE TEAM TO WATCH.

Re: Live feed to members only
Posted by: hantssabre (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 11:06

WCCC so it would seem

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 11:27

It is, indeed, not Somerset's fault, BR.

An idiot idea, invented in the SW Midlands.

Posted by: Roger ivanhoe (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 11:28

I have never had a major problem with ANY club making a reasonable charge for non members to access a live feed, either via a season's virtual membership or an individual game, so I find Worcestershire's current policy strange as its hardly promoting their club to a wider audience.

Posted by: AGod (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 11:32

Exactly.

Imagine a Worcs fan who used to go regularly, but perhaps got a bit sick of CC2 fare* and stopped going but who has been very pleasantly surprised by their form in the BWT and would be interested in having a look at this game........ but now they can't.

*Or hadn't been able to go for personal reasons for some time, or what have you.

Posted by: Grizzers (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 12:33

Well I haven't received any info. as to how to view, which is more than a bit peeving !

Grizzers

Date: 06 September, 2020 12:53

I found a link on the Somerset supporters Facebook page.

I can't find a link on my smart tv.

Posted by: Des Platt (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 14:33

Having to content myself with watching my second team , Lancashire today! Actually, after disliking Derbyshire for most of my cricket watching career , I am actually quite well disposed to them at the moment having watched and been impressed by Reece, McKiernan and Critchley in both league cricket and second team cricket for Lancashire

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 14:56

There is a link on the second page of the match thread. Which makes the restriction a total waste of time.

The only reason to restrict is if you are selling it. Worcs are obviously using it as a membership perk... but probably didn't think it through? Or aren't 'tech savvy' enough to realise the other side might like access?

(Sm72)

Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 18:48

I seem to remember complaints during Worc's first home
match because the stream was only available to home team members, meaning supporters/members of Worcestershire's opposition couldn't access the stream. This was rectified for subsequent matches.

I am a self-identified Luddite but could it be that the Worcestershire website cannot cope with high numbers viewing the stream and might crash? The only benefit I can see if they aren't making money from the stream would be to restrict numbers accessing it for technical reasons.

Posted by: Tumbles (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2020 15:29

Quote:
Bagpuss
I seem to remember complaints during Worc's first home
match because the stream was only available to home team members, meaning supporters/members of Worcestershire's opposition couldn't access the stream. This was rectified for subsequent matches.

I am a self-identified Luddite but could it be that the Worcestershire website cannot cope with high numbers viewing the stream and might crash? The only benefit I can see if they aren't making money from the stream would be to restrict numbers accessing it for technical reasons.

No because its going through YouTube's platform, the only thing they need is a bog standard semi decent broadband connection to upload too. There is no logical excuse for it unless they're trying to farm data by enforcing registration. It's pitiful from a club that seem to get a lot right to be fair to them.

Posted by: Grockle (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2020 15:54

Lookng at the structure of it on their website it suggests it's an oldish system probably set up before more open systems.

Once you are in and it is on Youtube you don't need to be on their system as the link is then in your history on that platform. However you need the log on each day to set up the next day.

All a little fiddly tbh but at least you can get there in the end.

(Sm72)

Date: 07 September, 2020 16:29

There's a link on the Official Facebook Group. Look for picture of covers

Posted by: Streeter (IP Logged)
Date: 07 September, 2020 16:51

thanks Rob.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net