Current Page: 24 of 24
Re: Madness
Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 29 August, 2019 13:01

Mahela Jayawardene is the 6th coach named (all overseas)

The idea county coaches would be borrowed for a few weeks seems to have been discarded as unworkable.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: BeefyRoberts (IP Logged)
Date: 29 August, 2019 13:48

For those of you on twitter,there is a twitter page set up called @opposethe100
Looking to get a many followers as possible,and very constructive comments already been added,take a look and join if you wish.

As we all know,the Compton and Edrich stands are going to be rebuilt,so,a smaller crowd in Lords next year.
The 100 rubbish being played on a building site,the best place for it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/08/2019 14:00 by BeefyRoberts.

Posted by: dingy bags (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2019 12:34

I thought I saw announced re hundred coaches that, as a policy, none of the head coaches, as opposed to assistants, would be from existing counties. There again, so much codswallop has been 'pronounced' from this direction, much of whioch has failed to become policy. I could have dreamed this or read somone's opinion, I suppose.

Date: 30 August, 2019 12:40

There have been plenty of changes in direction.

There could easily be more changes of direction before next July.

It seems Surrey have added on free admittance to the Blundred as part of their membership.

If you can't get people to pay to come and watch maybe it will work if you give it away for free.

Date: 30 August, 2019 12:59

Although,according to the fools that invented this franchise rubbish,counties are not involved,and awful lot of them seem to be adding the franchise CC to membership as well.
If my memory serves me,Warwickshire are doing same.
No doubt,its part of the £1.3m blackmail monies that each county includes it on membership.If we do,I will want it taken off my membership,as I want absolutely nothing to do with this disastrous,made up,no good franchise rubbish.

Date: 22 September, 2019 19:26

Non-playing players is the latest brain wave from the fools setting up the hundred rubbish.
So,in other words...whatever the lords franchise CC is being called can say,for example,Eoin Morgan has signed for them,use him to promote the rubbish,then he doesn't play?
Wouldnt that be false advertising?

Posted by: Bagpuss (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2019 19:30

It's ok. The matches are all going to be watched by non-spectating spectators.

Posted by: Mike TA1 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2019 17:40

I Oppose the Hundred - [soundcloud.com]

Date: 03 October, 2019 19:20

After today,and the announcement by the fools at ecb about the franchise rubbish,I dont think they have finished with the madness.
I mean...look at the kits they have invented,look like wearing a crisp packet.
Look at the sponsors of each franchise rubbish,promoting junk food...watch franchise rubbish,get fat,raise your cholesterol all at the same time.
The players involved today..did they really want to be there? Some of the players interviews...were they pre written by ecb?
The guy who introduced this fantasy cricket..dressed like a scarecrow,and,looking at the floor with dreadful tiles,it looked like a local park!

It's a great start by the ecb on the fantasy franchise rubbish!
There are t-shirts and polo shirts available with Oppose the 100 on it.I cant add a link,but it's from the Lancs action group.

Posted by: Fozzie (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2019 20:41

I'm not following this nonsense closely, particularly as the ECB seem to be making it up as they go along. But I really don't understand the drafting en bloc of the entire Test central contract squad. Rory Burns had a fine Ashes series and fully deserves his central contract, but there's a reason why it's for red ball only. If one was planning to design a slogfest that would eclipse the Blast, why would you make one of the automatic first picks a batsman who didn't play a single Blast match for his county this season?

Anyway, I'm still feeling lightheaded following the launch of the exciting new shirts, so I'm going for a lie down...

Date: 16 October, 2019 12:21

I see the lists of players who have submitted names for the franchise rubbish daft on Sunday include a few from the Middle...
Bamber
Finn
Barber
Gubbins
Harris
Helm
Holden
Holman
Lace
Malan
Robson
TRJ
Simmo

Couldn't find Murts in the list.
If we have had our 1st team squad ripped apart at its seams for this utter nonsense,other counties will be the same.
I really fear for our game,even more so now,What squad will we produce for the 50 over performance/development tournament?

Date: 16 October, 2019 12:51

i think that's practically everyone (and the same goes for other counties too)

I wonder if they have been told they have to put their names for if they know what's good for them.

For instance, I note Chris Nash of Notts has 'entered' but he has in the recent past been one of the players brave enough to publicly denounce the hundred as unwanted rubbish.

with a couple of hundred overseas entering (practically every professional cricketer in the world) they could easily have eleven overseas per side, and let every county player play county cricket.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 14:01

Telegraph today announces that a total of 570 players have put their names forward for next year's inaugural hundred.

The highest price tags are £125000. There are six in that category. Namely: Smith, Warner, Starc, Gayle, Malinga, Rabada.

The 8 franchises have three in position. One England Test player, plus two local icons apiece.

A further 96 are required from the auction/raffle which I think is on 20th October, if correct, this Sunday.

So, 474 will be disappointed come then. Though of course there may be a bench for injuries.

The whole auction shebang pricewise comes from ECB coffers.

Unlike India which has a large number of rich people happy to fund their IPL franchises. None at the moment exist here.

Date: 16 October, 2019 14:27

Another c*ck up by the organisers- listing Pete Trego as Yorkshire.

They have thanked him for his 'very brief spell'

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 16:29

I doubt many Mx that you have listed Beefy will be picked up. Malan at Kings Cross on his way to Leeds.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 16:54

Barber also no longer Middlesex.

Eski also not in the list in Beefy's list. Nor Andersson.

It presumably takes a player five minutes to enter and only costs their dignity, so it is nor surprising that most have done so.

Adelaide

Current Page: 24 of 24
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net