Our ladies start soon
Posted by: BarmierKev (IP Logged)
Date: 18 April, 2019 21:32

Women's cricket

Our women's team are about to start their campaign. This thread is to follow our progress that I am more optimistic about than our chappies team.

Barmy Kev
I'm only here for the tele

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2019 21:34 by BarmierKev.

Re: Our ladies start soon
Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 11:20

For anyone feeling deprived of cricket today, womens game v Somerset on live stream,

Either there's an almighty slope, or the camera's at an angle!

[www.middlesexccc.com]

As I type, we're going well on 116-1

Posted by: tallliman (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 17:05

Good win for them today. Home game at Lord's later this week.

Date: 26 May, 2019 17:31

I must admit that I haven't paid that much attention to the womens game, but the live stream today more or less behaved itself, and it was interesting to see the standard below international level.

Stand out performer was Cordelia Griffith with 112. Turns out her dad, Frank Griffith played a fair bit for Derbyshire.

Whilst she was batting I thought we might get 300+ which I think would have been exceptional in the women's game, where scores tend to be lower. In the end we got 246-8 in 50 overs, with Sophia Dunkley making 54, and Natasha Miles 34.

Somerset were never likely to get there, and some of their wickets were just sacrifices in the vain hope they might get there.

It was interesting because the standard was 'variable' The better players were considerably better than the rest (more so than in the men's game) so I suppose the effort has to go in to getting everyone up to the standards of the better performers.

Still, it was an interesting watch, and standards will continue to rise with all the increased coaching and training and talent spotting (more girl's cricket in schools).

Date: 26 May, 2019 19:32

If you've not seen the Kia super league, its featured some of my favourite short form games in recent years. So many glorious shots (as opposed to bludgeons) and lots of spin bowling.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 21:27

If the scorecard is to be believed (and I had some difficulty aligning who they said was bowling with who actually was on the live stream when I dipped into it), Katie Wolfe took a hat trick. Also, nineteen wides, so some similarity with some of our Second XI matches...

Adelaide

Date: 29 May, 2019 08:58

A good win against Devon the other day, and our women's team today play Surrey at Lords in a T20.

Scorecard (and I think there'll be a live stream as well) will be here-

[www.middlesexccc.com]

Date: 29 May, 2019 18:21

Surrey 28-3 and Middlesex 26-4.

We won on Duckworth/Lewis.

(Sm126)

Date: 30 May, 2019 07:53

Good win that was even reported on 5live this morning whilst no mention for the Championship!

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2019 07:14

Barnet Copthall is the ladies intended permanent home.

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2019 22:11

Well done to Middlesex Women on beating their Berkshire counterparts by 20 runs at Mill Hill School today to seal the County Championship division two title and therefore promotion to division one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net