Alex Hepburn jailed for five years
Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 14:05

Cricket won't miss him one little bit.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Re: Alex Hepburn jailed for five years
Posted by: Mr. Trellis. (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 15:12

5 years seems rather lenient to me. He should surely have been sentenced to twice that.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 16:56

Sounds murky at Worcester. Ridiculous decision by Rhodes to sit on it. Cost him his job.

Posted by: stockmos (IP Logged)
Date: 01 May, 2019 16:55

Quote:
Mr. Trellis.
5 years seems rather lenient to me. He should surely have been sentenced to twice that.

No, he surely should not have been.

Posted by: hdo (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 13:02

Anyone who's read the Whatsapp messages Hepburn was sending to Joe Clarke and a third friend will be able to identify what an enormously stupid, sexist moron he is. With that sort of behaviour and attitude running rampant between those lads, it's no surprise that this unfortunate incident occurred. I would truly hate to have anyone like that playing for Middlesex, and as chunky said above, cricket is much better off without him.

Incidentally, while he hasn't done anything illegal himself, my opinion of Joe Clarke is also at rock bottom after seeing the messages from their group chat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 13:03 by hdo.

Date: 02 May, 2019 13:09

I think there must be a number of young women in Worcester who might have consented to go with one of these two (so not rape) but nevertheless will feel thoroughly used.

There was no interest in the possibility of a relationship- just how many they could bed.

Posted by: stockmos (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 14:00

Quote:
hdo
With that sort of behaviour and attitude running rampant between those lads, it's no surprise that this unfortunate incident occurred.

As you correctly describe, it was an "unfortunate incident". It's not as if he was a maniac who broke in to a stranger's home - hence a 5-year, not a 10-year, sentence.

Meanwhile:Coventry couple who launched vicious street attack on neighbour, now dead, escape jail

"the court heard that apart from a matter as a juvenile, Finch had only two minor convictions for violence..."

"You both need to get your lives back on track. This is your chance to do that.”

This just doesn't make any sense to me in the different ways in which justice is served. Why can't Hepburn have 18 months suspended, so he can "get his life back on track"? The attackers described above physically violated a woman by assault.

Date: 02 May, 2019 14:09

Stockmos- That's why there was a two week gap between the guilty verdict, and sentence being passed.

These days they have presentencing reports were everything is taken in to consideration.

I can understand why this was considered to be at the worst end of the scale (all the text messages revealing his attitude)

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: freddie tittlemouse (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 15:11

The minimum sentence for rape is custodial , 5 years I believe. Perhaps he will have grown up by then.

Posted by: Jonathan Winsky (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 17:47

Due to their involvement in the WhatsApp group, Joe Clarke and Tom Kohler-Cadmore will not be considered for England selection until further notice.

Through no fault of the club, Nottinghamshire seem to have a few bad boys in their squad considering Clarke’s team-mates at his new club include Alex Hales and Ben Duckett. Considering Clarke and Hales seem unlikely to play for England any time soon, they may see a lot of each other.

Date: 21 June, 2019 15:16

ECB have charged Clarke and Kohler-Cadmore with bringing the game in to disrepute.

[www.espncricinfo.com]

Joe Clarke started the season with a hundred, and a ninety in Notts first championship match of the season. Then the retrial took place, and various details became public. Since then he has barely scored a run.

I do wonder if Joe Clarke and Alex Hales disciplinary problems have dragged the entire Notts side down with them, as they are having a dreadful season.

Posted by: Seaxe_man1 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2019 06:30

Management at Notts may also need to study their navels a touch.

Date: 22 June, 2019 07:16

Nothing to do with the Hepburn case, but I note that Peter Moores persists in picking his boy Tom, even though he has a career batting average of 21.81, and a season average of 15.77

OK- he's the keeper, but these days the keeper needs a better average than that.

Nepotism.

Posted by: tallliman (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2019 12:08

Haven't seen much of Notts this season but their problems go back longer than this year. They've barely won a championship game since Pattinson left in 2017 and the batting lacks solidity since Taylor sadly had to retire. I suspect they are hoping Ashwin spins them a few wins.

Posted by: Bobstan (IP Logged)
Date: 25 June, 2019 10:54

Towards the end of his life John Arlott used to say that he'd only ever met two professional cricketers in England who were in his view bad human beings.

I fear he could not say that now if he were still among those present at morning rollcall.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 25 June, 2019 13:36

I like the qualification "in England".

I suppose we have to bear in mind that there would have been no social media trails to expose the attitudes and behaviour of the (now ex-)Worcestershire cricketers. Or even that that sort treatment of women might not have been a factor on his badness scale. Given the strength of Arlott's views on apartheid, he might have been thinking more of some of the machinations of 1968.

Adelaide

Date: 25 June, 2019 13:46

I suppose Arlott might just about be able to say he could the number of bad ex Worcestershire players on the fingers of one hand.

But if he wanted to extend it to all counties, plus Australia he'd need to get his shoes and socks off.

Date: 05 July, 2019 13:05

Clarke and Kohler-Cadmore fined 2k each by disciplinary committee.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net