Goodbye
Posted by: lower pavilion (IP Logged)
Date: 01 May, 2019 18:09

After some ten years of being a member and being a regular contributor on this site, I have very sadly reached the conclusion this site is no longer for me.
For some reason all my recent contributions have been totally ignored.

I also believe, that my recent post on the football thread on 20th April 11.46, upset some people. probably the Tottenham contingent. The post was also totally ignored, maybe it was because I was repeating myself re the Chelsea golden era. Great win for Middlesex today I should add.

Please could I ask the moderators if possible to remove my details from this site. I have gone into the control centre and there is no way I seem able to delete my details.

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone, though I am sure I will see some of you at Lord’s during the summer, though I do not tend to move from the pavilion these days.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2019 18:21 by lower pavilion.

Re: Goodbye
Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 01 May, 2019 18:14

Lp- I certainly wasn't ignoring you.

It's just that some people seem to have the knack of posting something that is likely to instigate a reply.

You know, ask a question- or post a 'Does anyone know the last time....' sort of thing.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 01 May, 2019 21:29

LP

You think your last post upset the Tottenham contingent and your evidence for that is ... the lack of responses? I read it but there wasn't anything there to which I felt the urge to respond.

Oh, and my football post immediately above yours was not responded to either - unless your post was meant to be. The Tottenham contingent either didn't realise that is what you were doing or were in too much of a (legal) Hales-like state to care.

No need to take it personally!

Adelaide

Posted by: WayOutWest (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 10:24

I used to argue with LP regularly on here. I then met him at Lords and really enjoyed his company. Thereafter I never had any disagreement with him, and hardly anybody else on here, as it seemed so petty and trivial. Perhaps the answer is MTWD is a pretty happy ship these days. The negative of this is there tends to be less back and forth and comments in general.

Posted by: Primrose Hillbilly (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 12:35

LP,

It was good to meet you at Northants.

I hope this finds you well.

Some posts attract a lot of traffic, some not at all, despite being read by a lot of people. That is the way of it.I take the view that it is all contributing to the community of both the regular posters on here, and the "lurkers" who read but don't post. I have learned a whole lot more from others on here about a whole range of subjects, from club finances to real trivia. We are all Middlesex supporters.

If you are posting only in the hope of getting a response, rather than trying to either share a view, an opinion, some information or a match report, then, I respectfully suggest, you are missing some of the point of being on here.

You wondered why there was so little response to a thread called "THE ECB Killing The One Day Cup", started by Beefy.
Well, there is also a thread called "Madness" dedicated to following the idiocy of the ECB which has gone past 20 pages, and there's a lot of crossover between the two.

I won't respond to anything related to oikball, because I utterly despise the culture that surrounds that game. A good football season for me is if I go through it without knowing who is top. In any case, this is a cricket related site.

Either way, it's just a bit of online fun, based around our love of The Middle.I really wouldn't take it personally.

Good Luck.

A.

Posted by: adelaide (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 18:11

Brears

By implication - don't take it personally, LP, so stay.

Adelaide

Posted by: chunkyinargyll (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2019 06:55

PH- Sometimes I wish this forum had a 'like' button, as a shorthand way of saving me from making a post.

Posted by: Seaxe Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 05:24

I have often found LP's posts to be both original and thought provoking. Perhaps the solution is to take a break but I respect your decision.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net